Lyonshare is a strategic business building, CFO, and fundraising agency for VC backed startups and VC funds, whose clients include Bain Capital Ventures, Chelsea Clinton, Boost Insurance, and Solvvy. Lyonshare has helped its clients build businesses that have raised >$6B equity from leading investors like RRE, Greycroft, USV, Clerisy, Brown University, and Cambridge Associates. The founder of Lyonshare can be found teaching at places like Tory Burch Foundation, Startup Grind, NYU Stern and iFundWomen.
Lyonshare is seeking a Strategic Finance Associate/VP to play a critical role in the growth of the startups and funds that work with us. You’ll work directly with founders and GPs across business planning, forecasting and financial analysis, pitch deck creation, fundraising strategy, and other CFO services. You’ll be responsible for maintaining close relationships with our clients’ management teams and our network of 100+ venture capital investors.
Longer-term opportunities as part of this role include becoming the CFO to our clients, investing alongside leading VCs into our clients, and in-house positions with our clients.
You’ll work with our team in a flexible, hybrid work environment if you’re in New York, otherwise remotely. We’d like to bring someone on full-time but are open to starting with someone at part-time.
– Collaborate with the leadership team of our clients across the fundraising process including narrative development, financial modeling, diligence, negotiation and closing
– Support our clients’ strategic finance initiatives including business planning, partnerships and acquisitions, and new business line expansion
– Research and gather reference materials to support market sizing and competitive analysis
-Assess CFO-department decision-making processes and practices at our clients and advise them on how to better their practices
– Communicate with and diligence/scope potential clients
– Deepen relationships with our existing venture capital network and build new relationships
– Represent Lyonshare with brand partners and at networking events
– 2 years of investment banking plus 1-3+ years of financial and analytical experience thereafter
– Fluency in business model analysis and investment thesis development
– Excel-power-user with financial modeling, structuring, capital raising and valuation experience
– Bachelor’s Degree with a strong record of high academic achievement
– Action-oriented with a can-do attitude, a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
– Ability to manage ambiguity, deal comfortably with the uncertainty of change, and handle risk
– Skills: Excellent verbal, written communication, and critical thinking