Live Oak Bank
Live Oak is more than a bank. Live Oak helps people realize their full potential so they can create meaningful impact at work, home or in their communities. As an innovation hub, we fully embrace a bold approach to solving problems and surpassing goals. Daily life at Live Oak centers around a culture of taking care of each other, which has made us one of the most desirable places to work. We’ve topped the list of American Banker’s “Best Banks to Work For” because of our unparalleled dedication to our people. Our commitment to our customers and our culture is intertwined, so we seek those who embody and embrace what it takes to empower the American dream. Learn more at liveoakbank.com.
How This Role impacts Live Oak and its People
The Corporate Strategy & Development team drives the strategic process for Live Oak, helping to architect the strategic initiatives across the business, as well as evaluate and implement corporate partnerships, investments, and acquisitions in support of that mission.
What You’ll Do at Live Oak
This role will be a significant contributor to the Ventures team at Live Oak Bank. The team is responsible for managing relationships with 10-15 current portfolio companies and participating directly in deal activity for all new investment opportunities. Live Oak Ventures has a successful track record, with over 9x returns, and including recent exits in Finxact and Payrailz.
How You’ll Do It
- Involvement in all aspects of due diligence on new investments (business analysis, industry thesis, competitive landscape, business/pricing model, and financial modeling / deal structuring)
- Reading/reviewing business plans and pitch decks
- Assessing market/company attractiveness to help identify compelling businesses and fintech industry trends.
- Monitor the financial performance of our investment portfolio for regulatory, accounting and business objectives.
- Support portfolio companies in their financial planning, capital raising, commercial and growth strategies.
- Prepare financial analyses and presentations for internal updates to executive team.
- Build internal infrastructure to i) monitor potential partners and opportunities, ii) track our conversations and progress, and iii) keep our executive team informed.
Required and Preferred Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree is required in relevant area
- Minimum 3+ year experience preferably with knowledge of financial technology, bank operations
- Evidence of strong leadership and business acumen with ability to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously mixing long term projects with the urgency of immediate demands
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple projects at one time, and rapidly change priorities based on business needs
- Experience and understanding of financial technology, including payments solutions
- Strong communication skills – able to lead diligence calls, participate in management meetings, document trends and performance Strong quantitative skills – excel capabilities, including financial modeling
- Organizational skills – ability to track, monitor and maintain large sets of information from various sources
- Team player – ability to work collaboratively in a matrixed organization
- Organized – ability to track, monitor and maintain large sets of information from various sources
- Excel and PowerPoint capabilities, including financial modeling
- Must reside or be willing to relocate to Wilmington, NC (HQ)
Required to Thrive at Live Oak
- Dedication – You possess a deep commitment to Live Oak Bank’s mission and core values, exemplified through a strong work ethic, adaptability and pride in your work.
- Ownership – You take initiative to deliver positive results by proactively and creatively solving problems, while maintaining a high degree of quality.
- Innovation – You embrace fresh ideas and fearlessly contribute new solutions to emerging or existing problems.
- Teamwork – You foster collaboration, accountability and trust with others and understand that together, we do more.
- Respect – You treat everyone with courtesy, politeness and kindness.
“The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.”
Live Oak Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. We consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status or disability. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify human resources at email@example.com
Commitment to Diversity
Live Oak Bank is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at Live Oak Bank and is an important principle of sound business management.