Konvoy Ventures is a venture capital firm focused on investing in the video gaming industry. With over $250 million under management and a portfolio of >35 investments, Konvoy is headquartered in Denver, CO. The firm is actively making new investments out of Fund III, which is a $150 million dollar fund. The firm was founded by Jason Chapman, Jackson Vaughan, and Josh Chapman. Konvoy is an equal opportunity employer.
The Investment Associate will work in-person out of the Denver office on the investment team at Konvoy. You will work closely with our entire investment team in helping with investment sourcing, company due diligence, market research and analysis, and additional support in our investment decision making process. It is critically important that you have a keen interest, both professionally and personally, in being involved at the intersection of video gaming and venture capital investing. We expect you to grow your investment responsibilities over time here at Konvoy.
The Investment Associate will support the investment team in selecting and supporting the next generation of video gaming companies. This individual should be highly motivated, confident, humble, teachable, enthusiastic, articulate, able to communicate their ideas (written and verbally), work well in high-pressure situations, and a self-starter who works on their own initiative. As in every exciting industry, they will also need to be flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the business as required. We are all hands on deck.
The responsibilities primarily include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Market research: identify and research existing and emerging trends, which you will present to the firm.
- Deal Sourcing: proactively find startups pursuing themes that you and the team are interested in.
- Deal screening: support the investment team in reviewing inbound deal flow, new deal calls, compiling data in our CRM, evaluating the investment opportunity, and presenting at deal meetings.
- Due diligence: perform active due diligence, lead a due diligence process, write investment memos, create actionable next steps, and actively engage in whether to move forward in the process or pass on an opportunity.
- Writing: keep record of deal details (so team members can catch up quickly on investment opportunities), write one-page summaries, contribute to full investment memos and Konvoy’s newsletter and blog.
- Financial Modeling: build investment models, company financial models, and be extremely proficient in Excel.
- General Contribution: we expect to hear thoughts and ideas on how we can improve the firm and our strategy.
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Preferably from one of the following industries (though not required): video gaming, startups, venture capital, management consulting, or finance
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Advanced skills in Excel in financial modeling and investment valuation
- Ability to produce well-designed, professional looking presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Why Join Konvoy
We are active, have lots of opinions, enjoy having fun, and are playing video games as a team on a regular basis. As an organization, we have a flat organizational structure and believe everyone is a contributor to the firm’s success. We also have a vibrant culture of debating ideas (in and outside of gaming) from both a practical and philosophical lens. As a firm culture, we firmly believe that iron sharpens iron.
We want you to build a long-term career at Konvoy. We are in this for the long haul and we hope you feel the same. As a team, we fully expect to give you a lot of ownership, promote you, and grow your responsibility within the firm over time.
Denver is an incredible place to live and work. This city provides access to a large variety of outdoor activities (skiing, biking, hiking, etc), great restaurants, amazing weather (300 days of sunshine), an international airport (i.e. direct flights to London), a thriving tech scene, and of course… a growing video gaming VC fund: Konvoy.
Corporate team retreats, travel to conferences, visiting portfolio companies, celebratory team dinners, family oriented, team outings, and we toast to every new investment we make.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary, bonus, medical, dental, and relocation costs.