Jumpstart Health Investors
Jumpstart Health Investors (Jumpstart) is a venture capital firm that specializes in early-stage healthcare investing. Jumpstart has a business model unlike traditional private investment firms with a novel organizational design integrated into a one-of-a-kind platform. Jumpstart invests in innovative companies that set out to make something better in healthcare. Jumpstart is a fast-growing company that makes a real impact, providing ample opportunities for its team members to do the same.
Jumpstart is looking for an Associate that is driven, personable, customer-centric, and is a high-energy self-starter. This person will be responsible for supporting a large portfolio of early-stage healthcare companies in a growth oriented, fast-paced, venture firm. Success in this role requires a strong service orientation, someone who is highly responsive with exceptional professionalism, and who operates with high quality standards.
The ideal candidate understands fundamental portfolio management processes including but not limited to general portfolio support, deal sourcing, investment due diligence, valuation support, fund reporting, and investor relations. This person embodies a “customer-first” attitude and is comfortable supporting investors, founders, and internal Jumpstart stakeholders alike. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in an extremely active venture capital firm with a large, and growing, portfolio. This candidate will be responsible for supporting a high volume, high quality, portfolio.
- Portfolio support and founder relationship management
- Deal sourcing, due diligence, deal flow, and investment selection support
- Portfolio/Founder onboarding
- Portfolio company data collection and reporting (i.e., valuation)
- Analyze fund performance and maintain a record of portfolio company activity
- Investor relations support
- Strong project coordination and management
- Ability to study, understand, and optimize processes
- Technically proficient in general SaaS administration
- Understanding of basic finance and accounting best practices
- Proficiency in Excel including the ability to create new and understand existing financial models
- Strong customer relationship management
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Gift for creating and fostering relationships, personal and professional, that will benefit the Jumpstart mission
- Coachable, eager, & intelligent
- Perpetual curiosity and an affinity for questioning the status quo
- Finds joy in applying sound problem-solving techniques
- Works well in a team, matrix, environment
- Enjoys creating new playbooks and new systems
- A penchant for collaboration and transparency
- Believes in the power of data while respecting the need for sound data management practices
- Ability to check ego at the door and put others first
- Desire to be a contributor to one of the most fun and exciting movers and shakers in healthcare
- A passion for healthcare and innovation
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university preferred
- Experience as an Associate or equilate for private investment firm desirable
- Demonstrable knowledge of deal sourcing, fund management and portfolio support
- Experience with tools like Airtable, Asana, Notion and Google drive
Jumpstart invests in innovative companies that set out to make something better in healthcare. Jumpstart is committed to making a real impact and providing ample opportunities for its team members to do the same.
Jumpstart offers competitive health, dental, and vision benefits through its co-employment relationship with Insperity. Additional benefits include; company paid life and AD&D, FSA, a suite of voluntary benefits, 11 paid holidays, unlimited PTO, wellness perks, the last two-weeks of the year off (paid), remote work flexibility, professional development, and much more.