iSelect Fund Management, LLC is a St. Louis-based Venture Capital Fund manager that invests in early-stage and growth-stage ventures. It currently has a portfolio of companies focused on one of the fastest growing investment themes, Food is Health, with companies that are building promising new technologies and innovations across the agriculture, food and health / wellness value chains. The Ventures team at iSelect leverages technology, strategy and operational skills to source deal flow and accelerate growth across the iSelect portfolio.
- sourcing and vetting deal flow for review and approval by both internal and external stakeholders in the investment process,
- analysis and diligence of individual companies for investment by the fund
- working with companies in the iSelect portfolio to leverage the internal and external iSelect network to grow their business.
- BS/BA from a top academic institution. An MBA or advanced degree in the areas of Food / Agriculture or Health / Wellness is a plus.
- 1-3 years experience as an analyst or associate in venture capital, investment banking, private equity, sell side equity research, or strategic consulting. Experience in Food / Agriculture or Health / Wellness is a plus.
- Experience with conducting analysis and due diligence on the financials, operations and business strategy of a company are required. An understanding of the legal documents associated with private investments is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word, Google Sheets. Advanced data analytical computer skills are preferred.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player
- Must be inquisitive and analytical with an ability to manage multiple, disparate sets of complex information simultaneously and equally comfortable working with the big picture (macro) and with details (micro).
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to quickly process, distill and pitch complex ideas simply
- The position involves regular interactions with CEO’s, leading scientific advisors and partners at other venture capital funds. This person must exhibit confidence and be comfortable interacting with senior executives and leading experts in their fields.
- Other characteristics include: self-starter; ability to manage up; excel with freedom and responsibility; and humility (not afraid to ask questions)