Flybridge Capital Partners is a seed-stage venture capital firm focused on supporting and investing behind ambitious founders, at the earliest stages of company building across a range of sectors who share our vision for leveraging the power of community as a source of competitive advantage.
While our core team operates from our offices in Boston, Massachusetts and New York, New York, we leverage a nationwide network of investment partners via our proprietary Network Funds to invest globally in the most attractive opportunities. Each of these funds is a separate pool of capital, anchored by Flybridge, with a distinct brand and a distributed team of Investment Partners that bring unique sector insights and deep connections into their respective communities. We currently operate four Network Funds: The Graduate Syndicate and LTV Operators (both focused on the Harvard community), XFactor Ventures (focused on female founders), and The Community Fund (focused on under-estimated and under-represented founders). Together, they have nearly 45 Investment Partners and have in total invested in over 230 new companies in the last five years.
With over $1B under management across six seed funds and seven pre-seed network funds, portfolio companies include BetterCloud, BitSight, Bowery, Chief, Codecademy, FalconX, Habi, Infracommerce (B3: IFCM3), MadeiraMadeira, MongoDB (NASDAQ: MDB), Open English, Plastiq, and Splice.
About the Role:
As an Associate focused on our early stage investment practice, you will work on all aspects of our investment lifecycle from sourcing to due diligence to closing and then supporting portfolio companies. In this capacity, you will need to be a self-starter who can build and manage a variety of cross-functional mission-critical processes and systems. In addition to learning the venture capital business, you’ll gain exposure to LP fundraising, fund operations, investment diligence, and more.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work alongside Flybridge’s investment team to oversee multiple projects and work streams pertaining to investments, fund operations, and our community of founders.
- Working with the investments team to help review, analyze, and prioritize investment opportunities, which will include preparing market analyses and presentations to analyze sectors, trends, and help drive initial and follow on investment decisions.
- Conducting customer and founding team references.
- Support the post-investment portfolio monitoring process, including collecting and analyzing portfolio company key performance indicators and benchmarking against best practices.
- Support the incorporation of portfolio level analytics into LP reporting materials.
You May be a good fit if you:
- Have 1–3 years of professional experience in tech/startups (particularly in a business operations or product management role), venture capital, management consulting, private equity, or investment banking.
- Can operate autonomously, taking projects and executing at a high quality level with minimal oversight.
- Are an organized and accountable systems thinker who is deeply curious and loves thinking about technology trends and the potential for new products / services.
- Are willing to roll up your sleeves and manage portfolio company data for critical tracking and reporting purposes.
- Interested in learning more about venture capital, early stage startups, and technology trends.
- Have excellent communication skills — written and verbal — allowing you to research, frame, articulate, and debate opinions on potential investments.
- Rapid research and quantitative analysis skills.
- Comfortable juggling multiple bosses and multiple priorities.
This Position is Not:
- “Path to Partner”; this is ideal for someone interested in exploring venture capital for ~2 years, perhaps prior to an MBA or moving into an operating role.
- Location: NYC strongly preferred. Boston would be fine as well.
- Salary Range: $100,000–120,000
Start Date: ASAP