Female Founders Fund
Female Founders Fund is hiring an associate to join the investing team. The Investment Associate will be a critical part of the team and will have exposure to all aspects of Female Founders Fund’s operations. This is an incredible opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, close-knit, and fun-loving team, while gaining extraordinary exposure to all facets of venture capital, building your network, and playing a valued role in the growth and success of the largest seed fund dedicated to Female Founders.
This role will be afforded a high level of autonomy and requires someone who thrives in a self-motivated, self-directed setting. Candidates should be fast-learners, detailed and service oriented, strong communication skills, hustle, analytical, and high emotional intelligence.
Who we are: Female Founders Fund is an early-stage venture fund investing in technology companies founded by women. Launched in 2014, the fund has built the most recognized brand investing in leading female-led technology companies like Billie, Bentobox, Maven, Tala, ELOQUII, Co–Star, Winky Lux and more. Read more about FFF in Time and Inc., watch us on the Today Show and CNBC, or listen to our podcast The Two Percent.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Support the investment and deal process including diligence and ongoing portfolio support and management
- Support the Managing Partner in managing limited partners, driving fundraising process and quarterly reporting
- Research and evaluate potential investments, including conducting diligence reviews of company teams, competitors, and customers
- Help manage operational functions such as moving deals through closing, monitoring historical portfolios, and tracking statistics for the team
- Coordinate internal operations such as weekly roundup meetings, CRM, and research databases
- 3 years in Investment Banking, Private Equity, Venture Capital or Consulting
- Experience with Investor Relations is preferred but not required
- Strong record of academic and professional success
- Demonstrated commitment to Female Founders Fund’s mission of supporting female entrepreneurs
- Robust analytical and data synthesizing capabilities in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative skills and ability to analyze business models and markets
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated interest and experience in emerging companies, and some experience in company research and due diligence preparation
- Willingness to perform a variety of roles and to collaborate successfully on a lean team
- Superior work ethic and self-driven with attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and to constantly reprioritize based on evolving fund opportunities and goals
Desired Qualities / Who You Are:
- Passion for Innovation: You have a strong interest or experience with our investment themes, including healthcare, Web3, and workplace efficiency
- Detail oriented and data forward: You know how to tell a compelling story with data, at home working with numbers and analytics, and can quickly distill critical insights
- Community building: You are a natural connector and have a keen eye for how to uplift and inspire groups. You may have a track record of building communities in the past (at school, your job, your neighborhood, etc)
- Curiosity: Willingness to learn and delve into different and new sectors and get up to speed quickly
- Creative Energy: You have a background or set of experiences that enhances the diversity of perspectives at Female Founders Fund. Sense of humor is a plus
- Resourceful and Mission-Driven: You know how to hustle and you thrive in entrepreneurial environments. No job is too small for you. You spring to action and get your hands dirty when necessary. You are inspired by the idea of making venture capital a more equitable industry
- A proven track record to thrive in an unstructured environment through resourcefulness, high efficiency and work ethic
- Confident Humility: You have executive presence paired with a low ego
- Outstanding EQ (emotional intelligence) and the ability to anticipate needs and expectations
Additional Details: This position is based in Flatiron, NYC and will report to FFF’s Founder. The desired start date is August 1, 2022.
Next Steps: If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
Female Founders Fund embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. To that end, we provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.