Equal Opportunity Ventures (EO Ventures) is a venture capital firm focused on early-stage businesses that increase opportunity in America. We are looking for a motivated and experienced Investment Associate to join our team. We’re looking for someone who is a networker at heart and loves finding and meeting with startup founders.
In this role, you will source early-stage investment opportunities, perform due diligence on potential investments, develop financial models, and make recommendations to the team. You will be involved in every aspect of the investment process, from initial market research to evaluating business plans and making recommendations.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in the venture capital industry and a growing network from which you can find the most exciting possible founders.
· Network with founders, VCs and industry leaders to find socially impactful investment opportunities – the goal of meeting 15+ founders per day
· Analyze and assess early-stage investment opportunities
· Execute due diligence processes, including market research and financial analysis
· Develop financial models to assess risk and potential return
· Make recommendations to the team on potential investments
· Work closely with founders to help them achieve high growth post-investment
Skills & Qualifications:
· At least 2 years of experience in venture capital or private equity
· Strong work ethic and attention to detail
· A strong and growing network of founders, VCs and tech leaders, in person, online, or both
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment