Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Ventures – the venture capital arm of Comcast Corporation – is adding an Associate to our investment team. The Associate will closely collaborate with the team on investment thesis development, investment diligence and portfolio management. They will also help drive strategic projects and work cross-functionally with operators across Comcast. This is a unique opportunity to impact the future of the group. Throughout our 20-year history in venture, we’ve partnered closely with entrepreneurs to accelerate growth for their businesses. We support founders by providing capital as well as by leveraging the unique resources of Comcast’s operating businesses.
The Associate will be an integral member of the Comcast Ventures team and play a key role in the evaluation and execution of potential early-stage investments, including:
- Identifying and tracking technology trends and market developments
- Engaging with executives at Comcast/NBCUniversal/Sky to assess strategic fit and priorities
- Leading due diligence on potential transactions, including in-depth financial and market analysis
- Preparing internal presentations and memorandums
The Associate will also help create insights-based programming, reporting, and collateral to expand Comcast Ventures’ visibility, both within Comcast and within the broader startup community. Strong candidates will be friendly, enthusiastic, and excited about working with a large network of entrepreneurs, VCs and colleagues throughout the Comcast organization.
Strong Candidates will also have:
- 2-4 years preferred of professional experience, including demonstrated experience in investment banking or consulting
- Strong quantitative skills with an ability to build and operate models for financial analysis
- History of encouraging teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
- Experience with and a passion for technology and startups
- Exceptional presentation skills, both in presenting verbally and in creation of slides
- Education Level: Bachelor’s degree (or higher) required
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.