Cedar Pine is a private investment firm specializing in strategic, long-term assets. Headquartered near Chicago, Cedar Pine’s team strives to create value by applying and building on decades of unique expertise as operators and investors in healthcare, finance, and real estate. Cedar Pine is not an investment adviser and does not accept outside capital.
Cedar Pine seeks an Investment Associate for its private company investments team. The investment focus is on direct equity investments in later-stage companies, but the team also invests in venture capital, growth equity, and buyouts across multiple industries. Opportunistically, Cedar Pine will also allocate capital to other parts of the capital structure. The investment team leads and co-invests in new opportunities and will follow on in existing portfolio companies. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly collaborative investing team, support a rapidly growing and diverse asset portfolio of private companies, and have a meaningful impact on executing the platform’s investment strategy. As part of a growing and substantial single-family office, we offer a career path of increasing responsibility.
- Perform in-depth due diligence and prepare investment recommendations for companies at various stages in their lifecycle, including venture, growth equity, and buyout.
- Support investment team on all stages of the investment life cycle, including introductory meetings, due diligence, financial modeling, definitive document review, investment committee presentation, deal execution, and ongoing portfolio monitoring.
- Lead and support efforts for investment memorandum compilation and supporting analysis.
- Lead and support financial modeling exercises, including but not limited to discounted cash flows, comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis, and investment distribution waterfalls.
- Analyze and research market sectors for supporting due diligence of prospective and current investments.
- Effectively communicate findings, questions, and ideas among the investment team internally, on due diligence calls, and with the broader investment committee.
- Track deal process stages and monitors the existing pipeline of new opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading institution.
- 2-4 years of experience at a leading investment bank and/or buy-side institution, e.g., a private equity firm.
- Self-motivated individual is eager to learn and able to pair with and contribute to a strong team.
- Top-tier financial modeling ability and presentation compilation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, intellectually curious, collaborative, and demonstrate consistent ownership of work product.
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills and familiarity with standard CRM and financial databases.