We are CapitalG, Alphabet’s independent growth fund. We were founded in response to a unique opportunity: to build a growth fund that would uniquely enable entrepreneurs to benefit from Alphabet’s unparalleled experience and expertise. We invest in companies that have established product market fit and are ready to scale. Today, we have broad experience across enterprise and consumer technology, a leading in-house growth team, a thriving network of founders and operators at the head of some of the world’s foremost growth companies and over $3 billion under management supporting businesses including Airbnb, CrowdStrike, Databricks, Lyft, Stripe and UiPath. To learn more about us, check out some recent perspectives we’ve shared.
What we believe:
We believe in a relentless focus on entrepreneurs, that better never stops, that no one of us is better than all of us, and that we’re all owners. These four beliefs drive our behaviors. See more detail here.
We are hiring into our 2 year investment associate program. As an associate on the CapitalG team, you will focus on sourcing potential investment opportunities and assessing investments in growth stage technology companies. You contribute key insights to drive intelligent, sound investment decisions. You help build CapitalG through relationship development with rising stars in the tech community and other relevant networks. The role will also work with companies post-investment, collaborating with other CapitalG employees. Our associates are an absolutely critical part of our organization, enabling all aspects of the deal process and serving the broader firm in a multitude of ways.
What we’re looking for:
– 2+ years of work experience with a proven track record in previously chosen field(s) (investment banking, growth equity / VC investing, consulting)
– Sound analytical, quantitative and financial modeling skills and/or aptitude for developing them
– Investment sourcing skills and/or passion via a growing network of relevant contacts
– Demonstrated excellence, humility, and resourcefulness
– Effective leadership, interpersonal, management, relationship and communication skills; passionate and entrepreneurial self-starter
– Interest in joining a highly collaborative, team-oriented investment team
Note: this position is a hybrid role and is based in San Francisco, CA