- Develop prospects for the Cameron Ventures deal pipeline through the identification of new investment opportunities.
- Conduct financial analysis and develop financial models related to proposed investment transactions.
- Conduct top down-market research to understand the competitive dynamics of the market in question.
- Submit recommendations to the Cameron Ventures Investment Committee for investment consideration. The submissions will rely upon fundamental market research conducted by the Associate.
- Bachelor’s Degree from Four-Year College or University Finance / Entrepreneurship / Business / Economics area of study required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to network and build relationships is essential
- Prior private equity markets investment experience is preferred
- Two or more years of venture work experience is strongly preferred
- Strong business knowledge of financial services, insurance and technology (both innovative and disruptive)
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis, including but not limited to target industry, markets, customers, value proposition, operating models, budgets, financial statements, business plans, organizational culture and the risks associated with VC transactions
- General understanding of business valuation methodologies and techniques.
- Intermittent domestic and international travel