Job Title: Associate
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid Work Model)
Program Length: 2-year program
About BBG Ventures
BBG Ventures is a seed and pre-seed venture fund leading investments in female & diverse founders who are uniquely qualified to solve the toughest challenges facing new consumers, workers and employers. BBGV has invested in over 100 companies founded by women, with their most recent $50M Fund III addressing large categories that demand reinvention: health and wellbeing; the future of education and work; climate friendly commerce; overlooked and emerging consumers.
BBG Ventures is seeking a junior investor to join our four-person team. This position is a two-year program based in New York City, with the team currently working in-person 3x per week. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who have a significant interest in venture capital and have some prior experience in startups, consulting, or investment banking. We are a small team and operate like a high growth startup — you’ll gain exposure to both investing and operational areas of venture capital including industry and deal due diligence, financial analysis, deal execution, and portfolio support.
Our ideal candidate:
- Multitasker who thrives juggling multiple responsibilities at once and can drive projects from conception to execution. Has the ability to re-prioritize as needs change
- Comfortable advancing projects forward despite uncertainty and a fast-paced environment, but not afraid to ask for help when needed. Enjoys learning by doing
- Equally happy doing diligence, market sizing, research projects and deep dives as they are meeting founders
- Keen to help BBGV develop a point of view in various areas of focus
- Has a team player mentality, with the willingness to help colleagues and others within their network. Embraces a view that no task is too big or small
- Self-motivated with a dedicated work ethic and entrepreneurial attitude
- High attention to detail; always looking for points to probe further when conducting due diligence
- Quantitative and leverages data to support arguments. Comfortable with financial modeling
- Intellectually curious with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Has a minimum of 3 years of experience, depending on relevancy, including but not limited to investment banking, consulting, corporate strategy, venture capital/growth investing or another similar role
- Take ownership of quantitative and qualitative industry deep dive, including market mapping
- Runs due diligence process (ex: market sizing, competitive analysis and financial analysis) with limited direction to support senior investment team members
- Support BBG Ventures’ portfolio companies on select projects (ex: KPIs, financial modeling)
- Prepares investor materials and supports with annual meeting presentation research
- Lead BBG Ventures community and ecosystem growth initiatives
- Support partners on thematic research projects, which may include research for blog posts, LPs or PR
- Manage BBGV’s CRM and new deal flow that enters the pipeline. Support in compiling BBGV’s external deal digest
- Review BBGV’s cold pitches and inbound requests. Surface relevant opportunities to senior team members
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
Equal Opportunity & Diversity at BBG Ventures
We acknowledge the research showing that women and diverse people statistically only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of criteria. With that in mind, we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. BBG Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws.
Based on market data BBG Ventures has collected, we expect the base salary range for this position to be $110,000–$140,000 per year, plus a competitive carry and bonus package. Your actual compensation will be determined based on your skills, qualifications, and experience.
To apply, please complete this form. We’ll be in touch if your application is a fit!