Bain Capital Ventures
BCV is a multi-stage VC firm with over $10B under management investing across four core domains—fintech, application software, infrastructure, and commerce. Leveraging the unique resources of Bain Capital, we deploy targeted support at every stage of the company-building journey. For over 20 years, BCV has helped launch and commercialize more than 400 companies including Attentive, Bloomreach, Clari, Docusign, Flywire, LinkedIn, Moveworks, Rapid7, and Redis. BCV has offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, New York, and Boston and you can follow us on Twitter @BainCapVC.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
BCV is looking to add an Investment Associate to the team in San Francisco, CA. Associates work directly with principals and partners to support all aspects of the investment process. This associate will focus specifically on early and growth stage infrastructure software investing. Top level responsibilities include:
· Sourcing investment opportunities – Associates play a key role in uncovering investment opportunities through meeting and networking with founders and teams (direct outreach, attending conferences, demo days, meet-ups, etc.) Successful associates are an integral part of their ecosystem and develop deep relationships with entrepreneurs, fellow investors, and relevant industry executives.
· Evaluating potential investments – Associates are critical in driving investment diligence, working with lead partners to answer key questions and frame opportunities for review by our investment committee. Diligence often centers around questions on market dynamics, competitive landscape, and customer traction.
· Supporting portfolio companies – The real work often begins after the investment. Associates partner closely with our portfolio companies and help founders with business development, financial planning, fundraising, opportunistic M&A, hiring, and more.
Successful investors at BCV come from a variety of backgrounds and strengths. For the Infrastructure Associate, we are focused on someone who has 2-4 years of work experience with the following:
- A deep interest in infrastructure software
- An operating background from a high-growth technology company
- Product Manager, Data Scientist, Solutions Architect, Software Engineer profiles with some level of exposure to building technology at a developer first company
- You ask the questions: What is this technology? What is unique about it? Is it solving a problem customers really care about? You bring unique insights and have a POV on the companies we are evaluating.
- Entrepreneurial history in professional experience and / or personal projects
- A demonstrated interest in venture (involvement in angel programs, fellow programs, etc.)
- Deeply network driven with a strong ability to build relationships
- High level of self-motivation, creativity, and comfort with a lack of structure
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Excellent academic track record with a CS (or relevant) degree, and a demonstrated interest in tech through extracurricular commitments (clubs, hackathons, etc.)
$175k base + $125k bonus
Bain Capital also offers associates the opportunity to coinvest in our funds, along with a competitive benefits package.
Bain Capital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
LEARN MORE ABOUT US
Please visit BCV.com to get to know our team and to learn more about our portfolio companies. You can also follow us on Twitter at @BainCapVC.