INVESTMENT ASSOCIATE, AVESTA FUND
Do you believe that entrepreneurs can change the world? Do you want to harness technology and capitalism to build a more just and sustainable world? Do you want to help build North America’s leading seed-at-scale impact investing platform? If so, read on…
About Avesta Fund
Avesta Fund invests in seed-stage tech startups that help fight climate change and/or inequality, while prioritizing diverse founders. Avesta’s unique seed-at-scale impact investing model is poised to deliver top venture returns and measurable impact. Avesta’s model combines:
- Sourcing-at-Scale: Plug into top accelerator programs (Techstars, 500 Startups, Elemental, LA Cleantech Incubator, Greentown Labs, Third Derivative, MassChallenge…) for qualified deal flow.
- Investing-at-Scale: Apply data-driven investment approaches used by leading Seed-at-Scale investors like Techstars, Y Combinator and 500 Startups.
- Impact-at-Scale: Bake impact into a startup’s DNA early through structured impact coaching, adapting methods used by leading impact investors like Omidyar, MacArthur and Gates.
Avesta’s leaders (Srikant Vasan and Stuart Davidson) have 40+ years of experience in VC, impact investing and tech startups. Having recently closed on Avesta Fund I, we aim to raise subsequent funds every few years so we can build North America’s leading seed-stage venture fund targeting impact-oriented startups over the next 10+ years. We are adding an Investment Associate as a core member of our Investment team.
For the right candidate, this offers a unique opportunity to join this platform early and grow into a leadership role at the firm over the next several years. As such, we expect you to be involved across the investment lifecycle:
- Deal Sourcing: Nurture relationships with top accelerators and other deal sources nationwide, Gain early visibility into deals, Conduct initial review of companies, Manage deal pipeline.
- Deal Diligence: Diligence companies’ products and technology, competitive positioning, customer value proposition, and financial viability.
- Investing: Assist with investment decisions, Prepare investment memos.
- Impact Measurement & Reporting: Coach portfolio companies to align their impact with their business, and enable impact reporting and accountability.
- Colorado Ecosystem Building: Support portfolio companies that wish to expand in/to Colorado, by connecting them to key local resources (mentors, bizdev, talent, customers…) and help build Colorado into one of the nation’s top communities of impact+tech entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurial empathy: ideally gained through 5+ years experience in fast-paced environments like tech startups or venture capital.
- Investment and due diligence experience: ideally in early-stage venture capital.
- Bonus: Expertise with scalable sustainability and climate tech solutions.
- Lived experience that enables connection with diverse, underrepresented founders.
- Ability to build scalable systems and processes.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize to meet multiple goals.
- Curiosity, Willingness to learn, Desire to build and grow with a long-lasting platform.
- Eligible to work in the US, Willing to move to the Denver / Boulder metro area.
Email email@example.com to learn more.