Ark Investment Management
Who We Are:
ARK is a global investment manager focused solely on investing in disruptive innovation that is changing the way the
world works. Majority Owner, Catherine D. Wood, founded ARK in 2014 on the belief that innovation is key to growth.
Rooted in over 40 years of experience, ARK aims to identify large-scale investment opportunities in the public
markets resulting from technological innovations centered around genome sequencing, robotics, artificial
intelligence, energy storage, and blockchain technology.
ARK manages and sub advises long-only global public equity portfolios across a variety of investment vehicles,
including a suite of exchange traded funds (ETFs), mutual funds, and separately managed accounts. Our investments
are backed by an open research ecosystem designed to identify innovations with the potential for long-term growth.
As of December 31, 2021, the firm managed approximately $54.7 billion in assets.
ARK is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all employees and strives to maintain an
environment free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability,
genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, or any
other protected category or characteristics as defined by federal, state, or local laws. If you want to learn more, visit
our “Philosophy” page to understand how ARK differs from traditional investment firms. We also encourage you to
meet the ARK team and follow us on twitter.
What You Will Do:
We expect you to collaborate closely with our research and investment team to identify and help execute
investments in support of our private market strategy. Your work will inform our investment decisions, so your
success will be our success. You will work with ARK’s research team, including ARK’s VC Partners, Max Friedrich and
William Summerlin. We are based in St. Petersburg, Florida, but you can work from approved locations in the United
• Screen inbound startup investment opportunities, source deal-flow and keep track of investments from
initial screening to post-investment via internal tools and collaboration with various parties.
• Perform initial due diligence on prospective investments and coordinate deal execution with legal,
compliance, and other ARK teams.
• Stay abreast of portfolio company progress and update internal models.
• Join conferences, speak with the press, and meet with experts in a variety of fields to discuss the future of
innovative technologies and venture capital.
• Engage with relevant communities through Twitter and other online platforms.
Who You Are:
• 1-3 years of experience in venture capital.
• Experienced in screening for growth-stage startups, performing due-diligence, and supporting deal
• An original thinker – you see how things will unfold ahead of the crowd.
• A lifetime learner – you consider learning to be a reward. You enjoy mastering a new field.
• Comfortable with complexity – you absorb complex ideas quickly and separate signal from noise easily.
• Experienced in technology analysis and investing — you enjoy finding great technologies and great
• Humble – you are interested more in figuring out what’s right than being right.
• High-performance team player – you want to contribute to and build upon ARK’s great team culture.
How to Apply
The best way for us to get to know you is through examples of your work. Please include a one-page investment
thesis highlighting a startup you think could grow into a large, disruptive company. Optional: send us a 2-minute