Ananda Impact Ventures (https://ananda.vc) is looking for you if you like sourcing early staged impact opportunities for Ananda Impact Ventures (https://ananda.vc). As a member of the investment team, you will expand our start-up network and source for the best impact startups. Besides being responsible for sourcing and due diligence support processes, you are also going to take over responsibilities to further develop Ananda Impact Ventures as a front-runner in impact VC in Europe. The role is based in Berlin.
Your tasks will include the following but will not be limited to:
- Source new investment opportunities by building up and keeping close contact with founder networks, attending well-selected conferences, and using dedicated research tools
- Manage the deal sourcing process including opportunity identification, due diligence support, structuring, and documentation
- Meet entrepreneurs, evaluate their teams and companies, and select the most interesting ones
- Process and investigate seed and early-stage impact investment opportunities regarding market size, management teams, business model, business plan, competitive landscape & positioning
- Represent Ananda Ventures in the market both in the VC industry and in the start-up networks
Depending on your level of experience, you have the following background:
- You have an entrepreneurial personality with a strong self-initiative and interest in start-ups and venture capital
- You have an engineering background in tech, i.e. engineering related fields, computer sciences
- You are an open-minded, communicative, and proactive person, and the fun factor at work is as important as your career development initiatives
- Your relevant practical experience can come from a variety of professions
- You will most likely benefit from a fast-paced business environment where you are required to quickly adapt and learn
- You are eager and excited to learn new things, meet new people, and become part of new networks and communities
- You bring a good feeling about how start-ups are scaling up
- Entrepreneurial background, preferably in a VC-backed startup is a great plus
- High level of empathy combined with the ability to re-evaluate and co-operate well with start-up founder teams
- Interest in and high affinity with impact investing in the areas of health, education, future of work, sustainable consumption, etc.
- Established network within the start-up ecosystem in the DACH region
- A hands-on mindset and attitude with a strong motivation to take ownership
- Fluent English language skills, German is a great advantage
Ananda Impact Ventures (https://ananda.vc) is the leading impact venture capital fund with a pan-European investment remit, managing ca. €200 million in four Core Impact Funds, with backing from notable institutional and private investors. Ananda backs technology businesses committed to having a positive impact that answers the most pressing social and ecological challenges of our time, in a way that is both scalable and sustainable. The active portfolio includes Klim (Carbon Farming), Open Bionics (bionic prostheses for children), IESO Digital Health (online psychotherapy), and Ororatech (which uses satellite technology to combat forest fires). For more about Ananda Impact Ventures, visit www.ananda.vc.
Ananda Impact Ventures is providing a family and life-friendly working environment including flexible working hours. We celebrate diversity and are fully committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Therefore we also encourage non-traditional candidates to apply.
Sabine Scherer, Head of People