Alley Robotics Ventures
Alley Robotics Ventures is looking for an Associate to join our team. In this role, you will work alongside our Partner Abe Murray on research, ideation, user and product discovery, and various initiatives connected to launching and investing in new companies. You will play an integral role in shaping multiple new companies each year while also investing in other startups.
We’re looking for someone hyper-curious and detail oriented, who loves rolling up their sleeves in a small collaborative and dedicated team. If you’re passionate about startups and innovation, this is a tremendous opportunity to meaningfully shape the companies we launch, and to contribute to the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Boston, NYC, Montreal, and beyond.
We find that Associates stay in the role for about a year, after which time they often have the opportunity to grow into an operating or founding role in an Alley Robotics Ventures incubation or portfolio company, or to grow within the internal team. We are modeling this position on AlleyCorp’s Associates role, where individuals in similar roles with have gone on to become a Co-Founder, a CEO, and founding team members within the companies they helped to launch.
What You’ll Do
Supporting incubation work:
– Participate in idea generation and refinement toward new incubations
– Research fundamental trends, markets, and emerging technologies
– Develop pitch/concept decks and other materials in support of new company development
Supporting investing work:
– Source and evaluate new investment opportunities
– Conduct deal diligence and draft internal documentation
Who You Are
– A current investor in early stage venture capital, who is looking for more ownership in your work, and is interested in going deeper on incubation work and sharpening your operator skill set, OR:
– A product manager, engineer, or broader strategy & ops operator at a startup, who wants to make the move to the investor side
– A former management consultant now in a startup operator or VC role
– A recent MBA, JD, or MD graduate with prior startup or consulting experience
– Years of overall work experience can range from 4-9 years
Specifically, we would like to speak with candidates with experience in the following verticals:
This role will be based in the Boston or NYC area, though we are flexible on work locations with a hybrid and mostly remote team (modulo company visits and networking meetings).
About Alley Robotics Ventures
Alley Robotics Ventures (ARV) is an early stage venture capital firm investing in amazing teams solving the world’s problems through robotics and automation. We are based in Boston and NYC and are inspired deeply by the AlleyCorp venture fund and teams. We are proud to have AlleyCorp’s founder Kevin Ryan as a founding limited partner, as well as his MongoDB co-founder Eliot Horowitz (now CEO of Viam Robotics). Our Managing Partner, Abe Murray, remains an advisor to AlleyCorp and works closely with Kevin and his team in areas beyond robotics and automation.
While we are getting started on the investing side, we plan to incubate companies following a similar model as AlleyCorp does. In this model, ARV originates the idea, hires the team, funds the initial 6-12 months, launches the company, and maintains integral leadership throughout the company’s lifecycle.
Please submit a Cover Letter responding to the following questions on our website http://www.arv.team (using the contact us form):
1. Please tell us about 2-3 topic areas, pain points, or industries that really excite you, and why.
2. What do you hope to gain from working with Alley Robotics Ventures?
Thank you for your interest and your application! ~Abe :)