Adams Street Partners
Adams Street Partners (“Adams Street”) is a global private markets investment manager with $50 billion of assets under management. Adams Street has long been an industry pioneer – it is widely credited with raising the first ever fund of funds in 1979, and it completed one of the private equity markets’ first secondary investments in 1986. The firm became an independent, employee-owned entity on January 1, 2001, and has since grown its footprint to 11 offices in Chicago (HQ), Austin, Beijing, Boston, London, Menlo Park, Munich, New York, Seoul, Singapore, and Tokyo.
Adams Street prides itself on the depth and breadth of its global investment capabilities and its long-term track record of investing success across five strategies: primary, secondary, growth equity, private credit and co-investments. This integrated global platform of investment expertise has enabled Adams Street to become a leading provider of commingled fund offerings and customized strategies to institutional and high-net worth investors around the world.
About The Secondary Investment Team
Adams Street’s secondary investment team consists of 14 professionals globally. To date, Adams Street has closed on over 245 secondary transactions, ranging from traditional acquisitions of limited partnership interests from other private equity fund investors to more complex, structured acquisitions of portfolios of direct company interests and creative liquidity solutions to fund managers.
It manages approximately $7.3 billion, currently investing its seventh dedicated secondary fund as well as capital from multiple other Adams Street funds of funds and separately managed accounts. The team’s leveraging of the firm’s unique knowledge base and relationships across private markets and its disciplined and balanced approach to investing have generated exceptional long-term returns that have outperformed private equity industry benchmarks on a consistent basis.
We are seeking an Investment Associate for summer 2023.
The Secondary Investment Associate is responsible for sourcing, analyzing, modeling, and monitoring investment opportunities. The position offers a deal-oriented, high-responsibility role exposed to the full array of private markets subclasses, including venture capital, buyout, mezzanine/subordinated debt, restructuring/distressed debt, and special situation funds across all industries and in both developed and emerging markets. Secondary Associates are deeply involved in the development of cash flow models, investment theses, and various risk analyses.
Specifically, the individual will be involved with and responsible for:
- Performing quantitative analysis, including LBO, fund, and transaction modeling
- Conducting market and company research
- Participating in due diligence calls with sellers and GPs
- Assisting in all aspects of the transaction, including deal selection, pricing analysis, negotiation, and execution
- Assisting in all transaction documentation and presentations to investment committee
- Conducting secondary market research
- Developing and maintaining proprietary deal and market intelligence
- Performing deal monitoring analysis
- Participating in identification of deal sourcing targets
We seek an individual who is self-disciplined, demonstrates creative thinking and has the following characteristics:
- Graduated from a top-tier undergraduate university
- 2-3 years of work experience in private equity or investment banking, with preference for M&A and LBO transaction experience
- Strong analytical, modeling, organizational, and writing skills
- A professional presence combined with relationship and communication skills to interact effectively with internal and external parties
- A highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently within a team context