Alumni Ventures (AV) is a fast growing, network-powered venture capital firm disrupting the VC industry. We are democratizing venture investing by allowing individuals the opportunity to invest into previously inaccessible startups.
We believe in growing and engaging with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to challenge the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by our mission, we are growing rapidly, with over 180 employees and 20 investing teams working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, Menlo Park, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH. AV is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.
AV has raised over $1B to date from thousands of investors and is the third most active VC in the world (Pitchbook 2021) with over 1,000 portfolio companies. We recently won several awards, including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies 2022 (Financial Services) and Bezinga’s Most Innovative Personal Investment Company 2021. AV invests alongside well-known lead investors such as Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins and Bessemer.
The Venture Corps Program
The Venture Corps Program is one of Alumni Ventures’ (AV) VC Career On-Ramps, designed to promote learning and career acceleration in the VC industry. Venture Corps members will have access to ongoing professional development opportunities via AV webinars, access to Venture Fellow Program educational coursework, Lunch and Learns, and more.
As part of the Venture Corps Program, AV has multiple openings for Venture Analysts – a role designed for college graduates interested in a career in venture capital or entrepreneurship. No prior VC experience is required.
This is a paid, full-time, year-long position (with second and third year optional and subject to approval).
We encourage individuals from all genders, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds to apply; as with other searches at AV, we’re looking for a diverse group of candidates with different backgrounds & experiences, consistent with AV’s Just Cause of expanding the community of entrepreneurship.
Learn more about the opportunity here !
- Contributes to research and analysis of markets, companies, and entrepreneurs, with the primary goal of helping to vet and identify investment opportunities.
- Supports social media outreach and engages in email communication to target companies in order to tee up Moment of Truth Calls
- Helps prepare inputs to due diligence reports, memos, nomination forms, emails, etc, serving as a key contributor to various facets of the team’s investing operations.
- Attends industry networking events, building a venture social media presence, and representing AV’s mission and brand.
- Follows AV’s playbook, processes, and systems
- Executes special projects and additional duties for the team as necessary.
- Deal judgment is largely deferred in this role to more experienced iTeam members; high level of discretion/independent judgment is desirable
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship or VC
- Strong work ethic, initiative, hustle
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Personal curiosity
- Organized, reliable, efficient, adept at multi-project management
- Flexible, able to quickly pivot
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated —ability to manage up
Education & Experience
- The Analyst role is geared toward college graduates with :0 – 3 years of work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- The base compensation for this role is $65,000 with bonus eligibility and equity in Alumni Ventures.