Founded in 2010, TEKTON VENTURES, is an early-stage global investing firm based in San Francisco. We are hiring an analyst for our investment team in our San Francisco office. This is a highly entrepreneurial role on a flat organization that will offer direct exposure to the venture capital and technology sector. The founding principals have over 40+ years venture investing experience.
Tekton is organized as an evergreen investment fund sponsored by its key principals with the proceeds to benefit major philanthropic initiatives globally. As such, we take a truly long-term and concentrated strategy to venture capital through a global ecosystem model of investing. We invest in direct early-stage tech companies at seed stage as well as emerging venture capital funds across the globe. We are early investors in over 200 notable technology companies globally and 50 emerging and top decile venture funds. Some of our notable companies include Coupang, Toss, Outdoorsy, Flutterwave, Signifyd, Merama, Nowports, etc where we were one of the first investors. The startups in our portfolio today are valued well over $50B+ in the public and private markets today.
Core responsibilities / What we are looking for:
We are looking for an exceptional person to support Tekton and its portfolio companies to maintain and expand our investing activities. More specifically, the role includes:
- supporting due diligence for new investments, writing investment memos and providing support on strategic and market research
- maintaining and growing a database of private companies to generate new investments, and investing ideas/trends
- tracking the progress of portfolio companies, company metrics up-to-date and providing analysis for portfolio management
- an ability to be a self-motivated team player and run with multiple projects while self-prioritizing. This person needs to be highly resourceful, process oriented and have strong analytical skills
- over time, the role can evolve to source new investment opportunities: research new markets and technologies, build trusted relationships with world-class founders, and identify compelling investment opportunities
- The candidate will be part of a young, hungry and international team with a flat hierarchy, where everyone is contributing to make our thinking stronger and our processes better. This full-time role reports to the Managing Directors and is based in our San Francisco office
- 1 to 4 years of relevant work experience including direct investing experience in a relevant discipline, eg: venture capital, private equity, investment banking, strategy consulting, startups. CS and/or technical background a plus.
- Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with a short email explaining why you are interested in the VC Analyst role at Tekton Ventures.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate.