As an Investment Analyst , you are joining a Techstars team responsible for sourcing, recruiting and helping to accelerate the growth of companies in which we invest.You bring into the program an understanding and expertise in productivity tools and have a high attention to detail. You will be working in a high outward facing environment interacting with founders in program, Techstars alumni and mentors all of whom are our customers or support our customers – the founders.You may oversee the operations and logistics of the screening process for potential companies, the screening process for new mentors and the engagement process for alumni.
- Identify, source, and enable screening of startups in support of your program team
- ID unique recruiting channels including online research, networking events and referrals from our network
- Conduct research to clarify market opportunities of potential companies in the pipeline
- Manage the logistics of the application and onboarding process
- Support the design and development of the program schedule in concert with your program team
- Conduct research to validate the total addressable market and develop business development targets for companies in which we have invested
- Support companies in customer validation and providing research for all elements in the development of their financial model.
- You are personable, community-oriented and enjoy networking
- Strong emotional intelligence, experience with recruiting, vetting or advising entrepreneurs is a plus
- Intellectually curious and have a thirst for learning
- You are a problem solver and enjoy building upon and improving processes
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Experience with Excel or Google sheets and command of English language spoken and in writing
- A genuine passion for technology and startups, an entrepreneurial mindset and a desire to learn
- Comfortable working in ambiguity but with high expectations
- You are available to travel
- Systems thinker with an eye for things that do not scale and the capability to design new processes and systems for implementation across programs.
- 2-4 years of industry experience
Compensation: $85,000 – $90,000 + 10% BonusLocation: Minneapolis, MN
About Techstars The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $79 Billion. http://www.techstars.com