SET Ventures is a leading investor in digital technology companies that address climate change through sustainable energy solutions. We invest in early stage businesses across Europe that shape the transition of the energy system through technology and business model innovation.
We are a small and dynamic team where everyone contributes to the investment process from deal sourcing to portfolio management and knowledge building. This role is a great opportunity to join a leading venture team and working closely with entrepreneurs and investors that accelerate the transition to a carbon-free energy system.
We are looking for someone who is ambitious, curious, self-motivated, a team-player and comfortable in a dynamic work environment. We expect you to rapidly and confidently interact with people at all levels of seniority.
No prior work experience in venture capital is required, but you have a clear understanding of the start-up ecosystem.
What you will be doing
- Source high quality prospective investments through focused research in emerging segments of our industry
- Perform due diligence: gather market input, conduct reference calls, evaluate technical and financial aspects of investment opportunities
- Monitor and improve portfolio reporting
- Support the team in brand building activities, such as events, publications and other opportunities
- Intrinsic motivation to tackle climate change through technology and innovation
- Analytical mindset with outstanding communication skills
- Keen to build strong relationships with people
- Excellent English writing skills and great attention to detail
- Excel skills with sound understanding of financial modelling and valuation concepts
- Having explored the world, language skills and adding to the diversity of the SET team is desirable
- BSc or MSc degree in a relevant scientific field
- 1-3 years work experience in a fast-paced, technology-oriented environment (e.g. start-ups, consulting, energy industry or finance)
- Valid EU work permit and willingness to work in our office in Amsterdam
We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team – so if you have relevant experience but do not meet all the above requirements, please consider applying.
What we offer
- A great opportunity to have a lot of responsibility and become an integral part of the investment team, with colleagues who are world experts in this sector
- Significant development, mentoring and personal growth opportunities
- Connect with SET’s powerful network across the next generation of European entrepreneurs that tackle climate change
- Startup company mentality and a flexible, supportive work environment
- The role is designed as a two-year position to explore and jumpstart your career in venture capital
- Competitive compensation
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Investment Analyst? Then apply by July 4, 2022.
If you have questions, reach out to Armin Greinocker or Ellen Smeele via email@example.com or on LinkedIn