For nearly thirty years, RRE Ventures has been a leading venture capital firm in New York with nearly $2.5B under management and +400 portfolio companies. With over 25 IPOs and dozens of trade sales through the years, there is a lot going on at any given time. Recent well-known companies include Datadog, Venmo, Braintree, DCG, Noom, Kindbody, Spring Health, Olo, and BuzzFeed, among many other category-defining businesses. We pride ourselves not only on investing in great entrepreneurs and delivering stellar returns to our LPs but also on being supportive partners to our portfolio companies and active members of the venture community.
To deepen our engagement with both our companies and our community, RRE’s Investment Team is hiring an Analyst.
Our Analysts work collaboratively with senior members of the investment and operations teams, thrive in unstructured work environments, and take initiative to deliver value to the firm and our portfolio. The job includes assisting the partnership in all aspects of their daily activities, sourcing investments for the firm, conducting independent research on emerging spaces, supporting portfolio companies, and analyzing investment opportunities.
This Analyst role is a two-year program. Previous Analysts have leveraged their experience at RRE to jumpstart lifelong careers in venture or found/join high-growth tech companies across the landscape. This role isn’t for everyone but if you’re hard-working, passionate, outgoing, independent, smart, confident, and thorough it could be for you.
We are interviewing on a rolling basis and expect the new Analyst to join the team in 4Q22.
- Support the partnership in all aspects of investment team activity: writing investment memos, assisting partners with meetings, due diligence, financial modeling, remaining abreast of emerging tech trends, preparing presentations and research
- Handle inbound and outbound deal sourcing including meeting with founders and investment professionals from other funds
- Support the partnership in day-to-day non-investment activities, such as content generation, setting up speaking engagements, and managing industry events
- Assist portfolio companies in a board-observer capacity, work directly with portfolio company management teams on product, hiring, fundraising, business development, and execution of the business
- Demonstrated passion for technology, startups, and the NYC ecosystem
- Curious by nature
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 to 3 years experience at an investment bank, consulting firm, startup, or technology company
- Desire to continue learning and contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and attention to detail
- The role is based in NYC and is a full-time position requiring flexibility of schedule, a willingness to travel, and the ability to work long hours when necessary
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out this Typeform to apply.
As Typeform does not have a “Save” button, please be prepared to submit a PDF copy of your résumé and written responses to the following prompts:
- Why are you interested in this role? (5–10 sentences)
- Please provide a brief bio describing your background, qualifications, and any relevant experience that has prepared you to perform well in a venture capital firm. (1–2 paragraphs)
- What tech trend are you uniquely passionate about? What are the major market forces creating opportunities? (1–2 paragraphs)
- Name one tech vertical you think is either over-invested in or under-invested in and why. (1–2 paragraphs)
- Provide 3 different Seed stage companies that have been funded in the past year that you believe will be breakout successes and why. (5–10 sentences per company)