We are excited to announce that Raine Ventures is hiring an Investment Analyst. This role will be an integral part of our small investment team and will work closely with our global portfolio of over 50 companies. The Investment Analyst role represents a unique opportunity for a top candidate to gain exposure to all stages of the venture capital investment cycle, interface directly with senior executives and investors, and develop early transaction experience and investment track record.
We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter with a deep passion for the media/entertainment, sports, gaming and technology sectors. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of work experience, ideally in the financial sector with a preference for those with investing experience, as well as a strong understanding of general financial concepts and excel modeling skills. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the ability to understand, articulate, and evaluate business models in our core sectors. Further, outstanding relationship management and communication skills are critical as this role involves regular exposure to senior leaders including portfolio company executives, investment committee, limited partners, and co-investors. To be successful on our team, candidates should also have a global mindset, a great attitude and a willingness to adapt in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The analyst will work with our team across all functions of venture capital fund management and deployment. Such functions include developing investment themes, sourcing new opportunities, diligence and deal execution, and the pursuit of exits. The analyst will also work closely with the management teams and boards of directors across our portfolio of existing investments on key strategic and operational initiatives. Further, the analyst will partner closely with colleagues across the Raine platform on regular fund management activities including reporting and fundraising efforts.
This is an in-person, full-time position located in Raine’s New York office. Raine is currently operating under a hybrid work schedule (in office Tuesday through Thursday) that is subject to change. The individual will have regular exposure to the broader Raine team across the US, Europe and Asia.
The Investment Analyst is a core member of the team, holding a critical role in all stages of the investment cycle. Responsibilities of the role are expected to include:
- Managing inbound deal flow and pipeline tracking
- Performing market research and mapping to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Assisting in evaluating new investment opportunities including meetings with prospective portfolio companies
- Performing due diligence on new investment opportunities including financial analysis, competitive landscaping, leading industry expert and reference calls, and valuation analysis
- Preparing internal investment memos and presentations to investment committee
- Assisting in the coordination of legal counsel, co-investors, and internal operations teams with respect to investment opportunities and the existing portfolio
- Assisting with the execution of internal reporting, valuation, and other fund management tasks
- Assisting in fundraising activities including preparing investor presentations and other diligence files
- Participating in regular communication with limited partners, co-investors, and other critical stakeholders
- Bachelors degree from top tier university in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Ideally at least 1-2 years experience in a relevant field, including investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital, or strategy/operations/corporate development at an emerging technology company
- Passion for the media/entertainment, sports, gaming and technology sectors
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, with in-depth training on financial modeling and technical analysis
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, including research and analytical skills for deal analysis
- Strong thesis and presentation development
- Executive-level communication skills in both writing and presentations
- Project management skills, detail orientation and ability to work independently and manage team’s progress and deliverables
- Exemplary follow-through with minimal supervision
- Intellectual curiosity about venture capital, corporate innovation and startups
- High EQ and the ability to build relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, corporate executives, etc.
- Proactive, humble mindset; constantly seeking new approaches/improvements
About Raine Ventures & The Raine Group
Founded in 2009, Raine is a global merchant bank focused on fast-growing TMT growth sectors. The firm has over 160 people across offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, Paris, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mumbai. We leverage our deep sector expertise, network, and experience in our advisory business and in our principal investing business which currently has over $4 billion in AUM1. The firm’s principal investing platform includes early stage, growth equity, and public markets strategies which all benefit from the market insights and relationships developed in Raine’s advisory work.
Raine Ventures is the firm’s early stage investment strategy, focused on seed through Series B investments in transformational brands and platforms throughout the TMT ecosystem. The dedicated venture team of five full time professionals is led by Gordon Rubenstein, a multi-time entrepreneur with significant operational experience. Raine Ventures, as one pillar of the broader Raine platform, is synergistically integrated with professionals across advisory, growth equity and public markets investing, driving advantages for RVP at every step of the investment process.
Raine’s venture portfolios are generally comprised of Raine-proprietary investments including, among others: the Premier Lacrosse League, a new outdoor, men’s professional lacrosse league that held its successful inaugural season in 2019; Material Bank, a first-of-its-kind vertically integrated marketplace for the design industry; and Talkshoplive, a social shopping business offering embeddable and shoppable live and on-demand video capabilities. For a complete listing of companies in our venture portfolio we invite you to visit us at https://www.raine.com/investment/
NYC Base Salary Range: $100,000 – $120,000
Raine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, citizenship status, genetic information, disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and any other applicable law), or any other characteristic or status protected under any applicable US, state, local or other law.
The Raine Group’s privacy notices can be viewed here: https://raine.com/legal-en/