We are launching our 2023 Analyst program in Venture Capital. It is a 2-year program that will start no later than Q1 2023 and will give you the opportunity to become part of our investment team.
It is a full-time offer based in Madrid. Your primary role will be to help the investment team finding and evaluating new opportunities, supporting the operations team in reporting tasks, and contributing to internal projects. You will be exposed to a huge range of technology themes and companies, and will have the opportunity to work in an international and fast-paced environment.
This 2-year program will help you decide your next career move, which can be as challenging as launching your own startup, continuing your experience in venture capital, moving to a high growth startup (hopefully one of our portfolio companies!) or becoming an MBA candidate. Either way, we would love to help you figure it out and pursue your next professional move.
Overview of Kibo Ventures
Kibo Ventures is an early stage VC firm with €300m in AuM across four funds, investing in enterprise software and digital consumer. Since 2012 we have invested in 70+ companies including Flywire, JobandTalent, Carto, Devo, Clarity, Odilo, Defined.ai, Sorare, Capchase, Belvo, Tier, Trucksters, Evernest, Exoticca, Bipi or Paack. As per our team, we are a group of experienced operators, investors and executives that have been working together in the startup and tech ecosystem for many years. Most of our 14-person team is headquartered in Madrid, but we also have offices in Barcelona and Lisbon.
Your day-to-day at Kibo Ventures as an Analyst
As an Analyst, you will primarily:
- Meet with entrepreneurs, understand and assess their technologies and business models.
- Research potential investments that will likely require testing products and services, running financial models, and understanding their strategies and market trends.
- Support portfolio companies as they grow their businesses. This could include analyzing competitors, market opportunities or supporting them in reporting matters.
- Designing and executing internal projects such as thematic events or process improvements.
- Keep our own Limited Partners (make sure you know what that means before your interview!) up to date by helping to prepare materials for quarterly meetings, quarterly reporting and special events.
The candidate we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who is excited about startups, innovative business models and emerging technologies. We expect that:
- You have between 1 and 3 years of experience in a challenging environment (e.g. start-up or growth tech company, strategic consulting, investment banking).
- You have a degree in computer science, engineering or business from a top tier university (technical degree is a plus).
- You are fluent in Spanish and can speak and write professional English.
- You have relevant knowledge in the use of Excel and PowerPoint. Any relevant experience with programming, data crunching or financial modeling will be highly valuable.
- You are a team player with the ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- You have organizational skills and are able to multitask and work with tight deadlines.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills and are an organized person.
- You are familiar with the startup ecosystem, new technologies, products and business models. You usually spend time learning and looking at new and innovative companies that can impact the way we live and work. Entrepreneurial experience or previous work at a startup will be valued