Founded in 1995, Insight Partners is a global software investor partnering with high-growth technology, software, and Internet Startup and ScaleUp companies that are driving transformative change in their industries. As of February 2022, the closing of the firm’s recent fundraise, Fund XII, brings Insight Partners regulatory assets under management to over $90B.
Insight Partners has invested in more than 600 companies worldwide and has seen over 55 portfolio companies achieve an IPO. Headquartered in New York City, Insight has offices in London, Tel Aviv, and Palo Alto. Insight’s mission is to find, fund, and work successfully with visionary executives, providing them with practical, hands-on software expertise to foster long-term success. Insight Partners meets great software leaders where they are in their growth journey, from their first investment to IPO.
Insight’s ScaleUp division, Insight Onsite, partners with the firm’s portfolio companies to build formidable software businesses. Onsite is comprised of 130+ operational experts with deep experience working at ScaleUp software companies, who have the shared goal to help portfolio companies define their business strategy, build their teams, and improve their operations as they scale. Onsite is organized into 6 Centers of Excellence: Talent, Product & Tech, Marketing, Sales & Customer Success, Business Development, and Strategy and M&A, who provide tailored guidance critical to scaling software businesses.
We look forward to having the opportunity to learn more about you!
A Growth Stage Venture Firm Opportunity
Insight Partners has opportunities for undergrads or 5-year masters students that are graduating between December 2023 – June 2024 to join Insight Partners as a Full Time Investment Analyst starting in September 2024.
Our Investment Analyst program focuses on developing professionals in the venture and PE investing business. You will learn how to best speak to entrepreneurs, learn different business models that are attractive to Insight, how deals are structured and modelled, and all aspects of the lifecycle of a deal. You will be supported by an analyst mentor, your team members, and partners.
Few leading investment venture & PE organizations offer the type of opportunity that Insight Partners offers undergraduates in their first job. The life blood of our organization is sourcing, and you will be immediately thrust into the chaotic world of venture-funded businesses. You will be speaking with entrepreneurs every day, learning from them, questioning them, and ultimately recommending if their business is worth considering for investment. We have a tradition of promoting from within and developing the skills that will propel analysts in their careers.
Sourcing venture businesses is not easy work
Funding a growth stage venture business in the technology space today is not easy work. It is a competitive environment where many firms are trying to find their next “winner.” Insight’s approach is unique, and our Analysts are our front line in interacting with and informing entrepreneurs about the Insight difference. Our Analysts are involved in all stages of the deal process.
- Job #1—Find Great Companies – Finding great companies may sound easy…it isn’t. You will first need to locate them, ascertain their growth prospects and momentum, and learn about their markets. You will develop investment theses and, over time, develop deal judgement. It will be critical for you to be able to cultivate strong relationships with entrepreneurs and demonstrate the value that Insight provides these companies before, during, and after the fund-raising process.
- Get involved with deals – When a deal goes live, you will be exposed to the evaluation process, negotiations, and due diligence. You may also have a role in performing industry and market research, financial modeling, and customer analytics.
- Developing investment memos – All the work up to this point comes together in an investment memo which lays out both the risks and merits of a transaction. Here you will learn to present both the qualitative and quantitative analysis of a deal.
- Find great M&A targets – Many of our growth and PE investments rely upon successful acquisitions to bolster top line growth. You will learn how to identify synergistic M&A targets, how these deals might be structured, and how the post-acquisition company might be organized.
- Undergraduates or 5-year masters students, graduating between December 2023 – June 2024.
- All undergraduate fields of study are welcome.
Is Insight right for you?
- Team matters to us – Every Analyst will be placed on an investment team with its own personality and investment preferences. You will work as an integrated member learning about the type of companies that make sense for your team and for Insight. Your contribution to your team will be an important criterion in evaluating your success.
- The phone is our weapon – If you think that calling entrepreneurs on the phone to sell them on Insight is glorified telemarketing, then Insight probably is not the right place for you. We believe that our Analysts and their outreach is our competitive advantage. Learning how to speak to entrepreneurs, sell them on our organization, and ultimately convince them to work with us is a skill set that will serve you well throughout your entire career…regardless of what you ultimately do! And when you are invited to a meeting you have a real value and contribution based on your existing relationship with the entrepreneur.
- We expect excellence – Insight has a tradition of hiring the best and the brightest. You will be pushed hard in a competitive environment to show that you can learn rapidly and that your thinking can evolve. The bar is high, but if you can succeed, you will be rewarded for your contribution.
- Learn by doing – We will train you and give you what you need to start your journey. But, ultimately you need to be comfortable working independently and be self-motivated. Every interaction internally and externally is an opportunity for you to learn. Analysts appreciate an environment where they are not micro-managed and can chart their own path to success.
- Do you love entrepreneurs? If you want to be an entrepreneur, start your own business. But, if you want to figure out what makes a successful business and how to help entrepreneurs win, then Insight could be right for you. Our goal is to find great businesses with great talent and then partner with them to help them succeed.
- Working hard is just the beginning – We work hard at Insight. Long hours and demanding work is the norm. But, we also think you should be able to have fun with the people you work with on a daily basis. There is a regular schedule of social events and outings throughout the year, where you will begin to appreciate that it is the people that make Insight so special.
- We like winning and people who want to win, but… Insight likes to win and that is integral to our culture. We also want competitive people who simply can’t stand losing. But, we also have a reputation as an ethical company that can be trusted. We expect no less from everyone who works with us. We want great people…no jerks allowed!
Your employment will be conditioned upon:
- Passing a background check.
- Confirming your eligibility to work in the United States.
- Acknowledgement of, agreement to, and continued compliance with Insight’s policies and procedures, including its Compliance Manual and Code of Ethics contained therein, as amended from time to time.
- Execution of a confidentiality agreement in form and substance satisfactory to Insight.
- Subject to applicable law, providing proof that you are vaccinated for COVID-19 (unless you are eligible for a reasonable accommodation from Insight’s mandatory vaccination policy for disability, pregnancy, religious belief, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses or for any other reason protected by law).
Minimum Salary: $125k annually
Maximum Salary: $125k annually
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.