Guava Capital is a crossover fund seeking investments in both public equity and venture capital. Guava’s investment team runs a concentrated portfolio with the approach of analyzing a company’s fundamental value and underwriting investments with a long-time horizon. Guava emphasizes investments in companies with strong brands and long-term-oriented management teams. The investment process includes identifying competitive advantages and the KPIs that contribute to a company’s moat, industry analysis, assessing the health of the company’s ecosystem, and valuation analysis.
The team is looking to add a 4th member to the investment team to help drive the research process for both public and private portfolio companies. This individual will demonstrate a burning curiosity for financial markets and a constant pursuit of learning how companies drive long-term, fundamental value through the lens of expanding competitive advantages.
Additionally, the candidate can expect an emphasis on content creation in the form of written memoranda by supplementing thought and research in the form of a digestible investment thesis.
Location: Position is onsite in Denver, CO
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate investment opportunities in both public and venture capital markets
- Provide research, financial modeling, and analytical assistance to the investment team
- Conduct fundamental research/due diligence and write detailed investment reports
- Participate in various investment research projects
- Monitor existing investments, review performance, participate in conference calls, and summarize findings
- Participates in internal investment committee staff meetings
- Carry out other duties and special projects as assigned and/or requested
- Pursue new investment opportunities that fit the mandate of Guava Capital
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced Excel skills (vLookup, Index, Match, IF statements, etc.) and proficiency in Word and PowerPoint (or Canva); experience with Bloomberg is preferred
- Quantitative aptitude, as evidenced by academic achievement and/or work experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Possess significant knowledge of statistics
- Ability to generate ideas and present them to a team with strong oral and written communication in a time-sensitive environment
- General understanding of financial markets, economics, and their influence on investments
- Basic knowledge of stock analysis and valuation techniques
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a team environment
- High degree of personal and professional maturity
- Exceptional work ethic and a deep sense of accountability
The anticipated range for this position is $70,000 – $115,000 annual base salary. This role will be on an accelerated partnership track. Ultimately, upside in compensation will be tied to fund performance.