Title: Investment Analyst, FJ Labs
Location: New York, NY
Start date: ASAP
Application deadline: January 31st
To apply, submit your application here.
We are looking for an Investment Analyst to join our NYC-based investment team. The successful candidate will source, evaluate and diligence potential investments, perform trend/industry analyses, and grow familiar with the FJ thesis and investing heuristics. This is a pre-MBA, two-year full-time analyst program with plenty of upside opportunities including access to FJ’s 800+ portfolio companies.
About FJ Labs:
FJ Labs is a stage-agnostic venture capital firm focused on online marketplaces, fintech, and crypto companies. Founded by serial entrepreneurs Fabrice Grinda and Jose Marin, FJ Labs has backed over 800 companies including Alibaba, Delivery Hero, Flexport, Rappi and many others.
As an Investment Analyst, you will:
- Get exposure to a diverse set of early and late-stage technology companies across multiple industries and geographies, with a heavy focus on marketplaces, fintech, crypto and e-commerce
- Join a very lean investment team (less than 7 people including founding partners) and receive significant responsibility early in your venture investing career
- Engage in all investing activities, including evaluating and doing DD on live deals
- Participate in FJ Labs’ weekly Investment Committees reviewing new startup opportunities
- Support portfolio companies in fundraising and business efforts
- Deep market research and thesis development in line with the firm’s strategy
- Develop, grow, and nurture your own network / relationships with other VC firms and investors
Who we’re looking for:
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience, pre-MBA, ideally within any of the following:
- A high-growth, venture-backed technology company
- Venture capital, PE, consulting, investment banking, asset management, or entrepreneurship
- Passionate about venture capital, technology startups, and online marketplaces / platforms
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and able to manage projects independently and to completion
- Entrepreneurial drive and desire to help grow and develop a business with a flat hierarchy
- Fast-moving, organized, and able to process a high volume of deals
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor — you will need to embrace regular change as we are a continuously evolving, lean investment team
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply:
- In addition to a resume, you’ll submit a 1-page written investment memo on an early-stage startup that is a strong candidate for investment from FJ Labs (PDF). Tip: Focus on content and clear, concise communication over background info