Echo Investment Capital
The Business Analyst provides support to the Research Department (“Echo Intelligence’) at Echo Investment Capital. The Analyst will be responsible for researching, compiling, and analyzing information on macroeconomic and industry trends and conditions to select and vet Echo’s new market niches. The Analyst will also apply research insights to build business cases for internal use and for communicating Echo’s investment theses to LPs and prospective partners. The Analyst will work at the intersection of macro-level trend assessment and financial analysis, helping to make recommendations that will inform Echo’s investment decisions, and helping to quantify the impact of our various value-creation strategies.
- Analyze market trends in a variety of industries, to identify high-promise investment and business opportunities.
- Interview industry partners and scan industry reports to identify bottlenecks in need of investment and other differentiated and value-added solutions.
- Work with other Echo departments and portfolio companies to qualitatively assess and understand regional assets and strengths that Echo could utilize for developing differentiated platforms in these markets.
- Help align industry opportunities and regional context to Echo’s competencies. Help write reports communicating recommendations for new market exposure and investment opportunities.
- Perform competitor and landscape analysis to benchmark Echo’s performance and opportunities against peer and aspirant firms, and Oklahoma against peer and aspirant regions.
- Help with developing, drafting, and communicating business cases to Senior Management.
- Help with developing financial models, assessing impact of research insights on ROI, cost reduction, risk mitigation, and more across Echo’s portfolio companies and fund entities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business, or other related field preferred. Experience and relevant credentials can substitute for degree requirements.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in analyzing economic conditions, industry trends and development, investment performance, and related domains of expertise.
- Preferred investment bank or buy side (private equity/venture capital) experience.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Preferred investment bank or buy side (private equity / venture capital) experience.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of financial management and complex financial analyses.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (financial modelling, pivot tables, management, and formatting/visualization of high-volume data).
- Strong problem-solving ability and the capacity to creatively identify solutions for acquiring, transforming, or transposing hard-to-acquire data in ways that inform Echo’s decision making and communicate Echo’s value.
- Experience with statistical research, analysis, and techniques.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and well written reports.
- Ability to work effectively with others, to take feedback positively, and to make direct and data-informed recommendations to Senior Management.
- A keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- A passion for innovation and transformational economic activity.
If interested, please apply here.