Clocktower Group is hiring for a Venture Capital Investment Analyst to join our collaborative, entrepreneurial team in Los Angeles, CA.
Clocktower Group is an alternative asset management firm, but we are not your traditional financial services company. We believe successful investment approaches are predicated on sharing ideas, insights, and most importantly, building strong relationships. We have a variety of offerings, spanning hedge fund and venture capital investing, advisory services, and an in-house strategy team that provides research on macroeconomics, geopolitics, and policy. Building relationships is at the core of what we do, and that includes building an innovative and empowered team.
Clocktower Technology Ventures (CTV), a technology investing arm within Clocktower Group, is a financial services innovation venture capital practice. We partner with phenomenal entrepreneurs who have the vision and drive to reinvent financial services. If you are passionate about technology, a geek for financial services, and take pride in delivering excellence, we want you to join us.
What you’ll do:
Analysis. From start to finish, you will be assisting in the process of evaluating potential transactions. You are a junkie for the next new idea and light up when listening to entrepreneurs share theirs. You look forward to building the detailed financial model of how one of our potential investments will actually make money. You are excited to crack the market sizing assumptions provided by entrepreneurs and unpack their assumptions. You are just cynical enough to recognize when a CEO hasn’t really figured it out, and confident enough to place a bet when you’re sure they have.
Tracking. You support the investment team in managing the investment pipeline through the systematic and deliberate tracking of companies and the wider fintech ecosystem. You’ll use our tech to track deal flow, making sure we don’t miss the next great investment.
Sourcing. You will be our boots on the ground in Los Angeles and the broader fintech scene. You will carry our flag at every tech event you attend, and you will build relationships with startups and other investors along the way. You are a natural networker—you like meeting new people and you yourself are also quite likeable.
- 1-3 years’ work experience from an investment bank, management consulting firm, VC/PE firm, fintech startup or something else so great we can’t easily envision it.
- You are an organizational wizard who makes everyone around you better – a lot better.
- You are relentlessly attentive to detail and display an unquestioned work ethic.
- Some domain knowledge of the financial services industry, but more importantly you have a genuine passion for both technology and financial services.
- You can run fast and make things happen — you can be super-productive in a highly independent way.
- You’re a creative, speculative thinker who can envision how markets and industries might evolve.
- You maintain a commitment to honesty and holding yourself accountable to the highest standards.
- This role must be onsite 3 to 4 days per week in our Santa Monica office.
- We currently require that all personnel and visitors to our office are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or wear a face covering.
What you’ll get:
- All the resources you’ll need to learn and grow
- Joining an elite team that works with some of the most sophisticated investors and entrepreneurs in the world
- World-class benefits
- Delicious, healthy lunches and snacks
- Fully paid, top-tier medical coverage and other perks
- Beautiful office space with amazing ocean views
Clocktower Group is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.