Canaan is an $800M fund with $6B+ AUM that invests in visionaries with transformative ideas. For over 30 years, Canaan has partnered with entrepreneurs that have had a fundamental impact on technology and healthcare. We’ve had the opportunity to work with many great companies including Appsmith, Contentsquare, Dragos, Human Security, Instacart, Kustomer, Mindtickle, Snyk and many more.
We are a tight-knit and diverse team that’s big on performance but low on ego. We welcome out-of-the-box thinking and spirited debate. It’s our individual backgrounds and interests that inform our collective approach, which spans industries, generations and coasts.
We are excited to kick off a search for a new member of our tech investment team at Canaan aligned to our SF and Menlo Park office. This role is perfect for someone who is excited to learn about new technologies and markets, drive our investment diligence, and become an integral part of our lean tech investment team. We are looking for a motivated new team member to work alongside our investment professionals with a particular focus on enterprise software and infrastructure (eg developer tools, cloud infra, databases, b2b saas, data, etc). Previous experience in one of these areas would be highly valued.
- Lead market research efforts to identify emerging trends and potential investments
- Conduct due diligence (e.g. market analysis, competitive mapping, financial modeling, etc)
- Contribute to our CRM and deal pipeline internally
- Develop relationships with Canaan portfolio companies, founders of future Canaan portfolio companies, service providers and others in startup ecosystem
- Share your perspective during partnership meetings as we discuss new and existing deals
- Own specific projects that you’re passionate about from start to finish
- 1-4 years of experience working at an enterprise software/infra business in a product, engineering, or similar role
- Strong understanding of software engineering concepts either through work experience or academic background (degree in Computer Science, etc)