Blue 9 Capital
Blue 9 Capital is a family office with a long history of investing early in private companies and supporting management through exit.
Since 1984, we have been investing in accomplished teams building sector-defining solutions across industries. We aim to catalyze the growth of our portfolio companies across all stages and serve as engaged advisors who conservatively about capital structures and vigorously about long-term vision.
Blue 9 Capital’s VC program (“B9VC”)was launched in 2019 to invest in the early stages of technological innovation and disruption across industries, with a core focus on financial services, healthcare tech and consumer platforms. Our VC portfolio includes a diverse group of companies such as Sweetgreen, Ro
Health (digital healthcare), OMNY Health (healthcare data), Renegade Insurance (insurance), Aclima Air
(climate tech), Obsess (retail tech), among others.
B9VC is seeking an energetic, motivated, and intellectually curious Junior Analyst to join our team. This position is ideal for a recent graduate who is passionate about venture capital, entrepreneurship, and technology investing.
We are looking for a team member who can learn and adapt quickly to our fast-moving yet deliberate investment style, multi-task and take initiative and ownership of projects. The individual must have strong analytical and communication skills.
The Junior Analyst will support Blue 9 through the following areas:
Pipeline Database management
· Managing database of deal opportunities
· Contributing to weekly team pipeline and review meetings
· Supporting B9VC team in managing and documenting ongoing communications with current portfolio
· Maintaining internal portfolio KPI reporting framework
· Additional investment related activities commensurate with experience and capabilities
· Supporting due diligence of potential investments
· Supporting the development of Investment Memos and deal briefs
· Contributing to team Investment Committee
· Supporting B9VC’s broader investment strategy development and refinement, including deep dives on chosen sectors, technologies, and investment themes.
· Creating market maps and landscapes for chosen sectors
· Working with the team to build the investment thesis and conduct targeted deal searches in B9VC core sub-sectors of interest.
· Presenting findings to the team in an investment report, which would also include the investment case for 2-3 shortlisted companies
Research topics may be selected based on prior expertise or demonstrated interest.
Ideal Professional Profile:
· Undergraduate degree in finance, business or technical field
· Strong academic record
· Advanced degrees not required
· Startup, consulting, banking or venture capital experience preferred
· Strong ability to build and deconstruct financial models is a plus
Ideal Personal Attributes:
· Excellent critical thinking, analytical and research skills
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Self-starter work ethic with ability to learn quickly and multi-task
· Motivated, optimistic, and passionate about venture investing
· Strong ability to build relationships and trust as part of a small team
· Willingness to be flexible and nimble
· Immediate start date with some flexibility
· The position will be based out of our office in Tribeca, NYC
Blue 9 culture:
· Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
· Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
· People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
· Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.