Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $33.3B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Affirm, Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, EQRx, Figma, GitHub, Instacart, OpenSea, Roblox, Stripe, and Substack. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
The Business Analyst will partner with the Operating teams to produce insights to drive increased operational effectiveness for the venture teams. You will help define and measure how our teams are delivering value for our portfolio. Once these metrics are instrumented, this role will be responsible for collecting, organizing, and analyzing data from multiple sources to build dashboards and produce practical insights for the key partners across Venture.
To Join Our Team, You Should Be Excited To
- Partner with stakeholders to identify and instrument key performance indicators (including OKRs) for Operating teams supporting our Venture stage portfolio.
- Build tracking, reporting, and dashboards in salesforce and Looker to support decision making across Venture operating teams, including our Go-to-Market Network, Venture Marketing, and our Capital Network teams.
- Deliver insight and recommendations based on analysis and trends across the portfolio to improve internal processes and programs.
- Work closely with our operating teams to inform priorities and focus areas for our Operating teams.
- Collaborate with key team members within IT to improve overall reporting and analytics processes tools.
- Approximately 5 years of experience working in an operational role for a high growth startup or proven experience in a strategy consulting, strategic planning or finance role
- High integrity, stellar judgment, and discretion to handle and manage highly sensitive, confidential and non-public information.
- Metrics-driven. Knows how to analyze and synthesize data and draw reasonable conclusions.
- Curious about developing systems to help automate reporting/analytics and put more data directly in the hands of business users.
- Bias to action. Takes initiative and remains communicative, adaptable, and reliable.
- Ability to quickly build trust and connect with other team members and cross-functional partners
- Leverages subject matter experts. Consults internal experts for review and validation before publishing work.
- Company-first. Deep respect and humility for the company’s brand. Wants to adapt self to make the brand shine versus using the brand to make oneself shine.
- Advanced proficiency with Salesforce and Looker.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.