Job Title: Associate / Senior Associate, Princeville Capital / Climate Tech
Location: San Francisco, CA or Berlin, GER
Starting Date: ASAP
Summary of Business Need
Princeville Capital invests in rapidly growing technology companies from around the world. We invest out of our two funds, Princeville Global, which focuses on software and internet companies emerging as leaders in their target markets, and Princeville Climate Technology, which invests in technology companies with a positive impact on climate change (e.g., energy transition, advanced mobility, industry decarbonization, carbon removal, etc.). Our global focus is complemented by offices in San Francisco, Hong Kong, and Berlin to help companies successfully implement their international expansion plans.
If you share our passion for technology, growth stage investing and climate tech, come join our team.
The mid-level investment professional will work with the investment team to identify companies through sector deep dives and their own climate tech network, drive company outreach, and lead due diligence and analysis of target companies resulting in successful investment decisions for the Climate Tech fund. This is a full-time position based in San Francisco or in Berlin.
• Identifying and researching new investment areas, including performing market research, collecting and synthesizing data, and conducting other industry analyses
• Leading due diligence, including business, competitive financial, technology, and other areas – will require travel in the US and internationally
• Lead and mentor junior investment professionals
• Performing various financial analyses, including KPI analysis, returns modeling, and comparables analysis
• Working with portfolio companies, including research projects, competitor analysis, valuation work, and attending board meetings
• Tracking key industry trends, including financing and acquisition activity, product and competitive activity, and other relevant events
• Drive Princeville’s leadership position in growth equity investing in Climate Tech
• Represent the firm in global Climate Tech investing forums
• At least 3-5 years of relevant investment professional experience and previous professional background such as investment banking and management consulting, ideally with a focus on climate tech / decarb technologies.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field.
• Proven analytical and financial modeling skills.
• Proven deal-making skills – leading growth equity or venture deals from identification through analysis and due diligence, creating and negotiating term sheets, and ultimately making investments.
• Superior fluency in written and verbal quantitative communication skills and experience presenting to investment committees.
• Executive presence and proven Climate Tech network
• Proven understanding of global climate tech policies and economic drivers by country
• Demonstrated experience executing clean energy and climate technology investments
• Familiarity and knowledge of emerging technology with an innate passion for technology – especially those addressing climate change in our core sectors.
• Ability to thoughtfully conduct market research and build theses on executable investment areas and industries
• Self-motivated, highly productive, keen attention to detail and execution-oriented
• Someone with an outstanding work ethic who can envision, prioritize, and complete parallel projects without requiring much guidance in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
• Desire to go the extra mile to drive superior investment decision making