Our team at Northwell Holdings, the venture investment arm of the Northwell Health system, is actively seeking to expand with investment professionals who are interested in healthcare venture investing. Our team works across three portfolios: Ventures, Venture Studio/Company Creation (including a $100M strategic partnership with Aegis Ventures), and Internal Innovations (incubator/accelerator model), and has been very active on all fronts. Recent investments include Cognixion, Holmusk, Transcarent, Syllable, Brightline, Health Note, and Hume.ai. Northwell Health is the largest health system [and private employer] in New York State, and one of the largest integrated delivery networks in the US.
- Conducts deal due diligence, including valuation, analytics, negotiations, and post-investment monitoring, including SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) business analyses, financial modeling, market research, competitive benchmarking, and other tasks required to advance start-up projects, spin-outs and joint venture opportunities.
- Prepares investment memos and committee materials.
- Prepares reports, including deal-flow and portfolio summaries.
- Helps manage multiple projects and initiatives related to strategic investments and operational plans for new business opportunities.
- Analyzes, verifies, tracks strategic partnerships, internal and external relationships, and equity investments.
- Leads and supports all required deal making activities related to joint ventures and/or strategic partnerships including necessary analysis, development of deal structure and terms and financial arrangements.
- Works with stakeholders, including executives, clinicians, and other venture funds, etc.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with clients and stakeholders; demonstrates excellence of delivery through leading by example and setting standards.
- Operates under general guidance and work assignments are varied and require interpretation and independent decisions on course of action.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required (relationship management, financial modeling, raising funds, business development, investing, investment banking, corporate development, corporate finance, and/or strategy consulting).
- Excellent project management skills with ability to take ownership of projects and achieve results.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $79,880-$136,340/year