Hanwha Holdings (USA) Inc. (HHI) is the investment arm supporting Hanwha Group affiliates for strategic investments and M&A activities within North America. Hanwha Group is 7th largest business group in Korea and a Fortune Global 500 company leading internationally in a broad range of businesses with $64B of revenue. Since its establishment in 1952, Hanwha Group’s growth was driven by strategic investments and M&As across industries, domestically and globally.
HHI’s venture investments are stage-agnostic and strategic in nature, meaning we look for emerging technologies that we believe will be critical to the future of our businesses. Our target investment verticals are as varied as Hanwha itself, including aerospace, defense, advanced manufacturing, autonomous systems, electric mobility, and AI.
We seek a Senior Associate for our NY-based corporate VC team. The ideal candidate will bring an intuition about scaling early-stage “tough tech” companies along with an understanding of venture funding terms and deal structures. This person must be proficient at navigating the VC and startup ecosystem to identify new opportunities.
- Identify and source relevant investments independently
- Provide analytical horsepower to conduct due diligence, including business and industry analysis, competitive landscape, and financial modeling
- Actively support deal execution
- Contribute to the development of new investment thesis
- Interact with portfolio companies and Hanwha business units (both domestic and overseas) to create win-win business opportunities
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs, investors in the venture capital community, and monitor startups in strategic areas relevant to Hanwha
- Build support internally for investment theses and investments
- 5+ year experience in Venture Capital, Entrepreneurship, Management Consulting, Business Development, or Product Management roles.
- Preference for direct experience in frontier / emerging technologies related to aerospace, defense, advanced manufacturing, autonomous systems, AI, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a similar technical field; MBA desirable
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, and driven by an insatiable intellectual curiosity
- Entrepreneurial, with an innate passion for the intersection of emerging technologies and early-stage business strategy
- Analytical; able to evaluate complex technologies and assess potential strategic fit with Hanwha businesses
- Demonstrate leadership, poise, and maturity with senior executives, entrepreneurs, and venture investors
- You’re inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding
- You’re collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support, and openly welcoming approaches
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change
The ideal candidate for this role will have authorization to work in the US prior to joining Hanwha Holdings (USA) Inc. This role will not sponsor or offer assistance with the sponsorship for work authorization in the United States.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Hanwha believes that diversity and inclusion are vital to our success. We believe that by embracing different ideas and approaches, we enhance our ability to deliver the best results for our employees, our environment, and ultimately our business partners and customers. We foster a culture where all colleagues are able to share their passions and ideas in order that we may collectively embrace and overcome the challenges in our industry, and work toward a brighter future.