Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $915 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at http://www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.Job Title: 2023 Senior Associate – Blackstone GrowthBusiness UnitBlackstone GrowthBlackstone GrowthBlackstone Growth (BXG) is Blackstone’s dedicated growth equity investing platform. We are experienced growth investors backed by the scale, operating expertise, and global reach of the world’s largest alternative asset manager. BXG focuses on providing capital to companies seeking to manage the execution risks associated with high-growth environments.Job TitleSenior Associate, Blackstone Growth, NY or SFJob DescriptionBlackstone Senior Associates will have the opportunity to join a lean, but growing, entrepreneurial, and highly collaborative team focused on growth equity investing within one of the largest global alternative asset management firms. Candidates will have the opportunity to actively evaluate, manage, and source potential private equity investment opportunities, interacting directly with deal team partners and company management teams. Candidates will also have flexibility to work across various business units and industry verticals at Blackstone and evaluate opportunities that span various stages of the business lifecycle in the fastest-growing segments of the economy. Candidates will also be heavily involved in influencing thematic focus areas for the team, through both independent and collaborative research, as well as have outsized impact on cultivating the team environment of a fast-growing investment platform.ResponsibilitiesInvestment Associates will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the investment process from initiation to close. Responsibilities will include:
- Financial analysis, valuation, and modeling
- Execution of transactions (including meeting and interacting with management teams as part of the due diligence process)
- Industry and thematic research and competitive analysis
- Legal documentation and drafting of memoranda for internal and external use
Candidates can expect to work on numerous projects at a time in various private equity investment opportunities. The small size of the professional staff and the extent of the deal flow require lean staffing and significant responsibility sharing.QualificationsBlackstone Growth seeks to hire individuals with the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- High level of competence with respect to analysis, due diligence, and financial modeling
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to think and work independently
- Prior investment banking, strategy consulting and/or private equity investing experience and knowledge of accounting and finance is highly desirable
To be considered for the 2023 Senior Associate Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an MBA student.
- Anticipated graduation date: Spring 2023
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year.
- Resume must be in PDF format.
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.San Francisco Applicants: Blackstone will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).RequiredDepending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.