Mark Anthony Ventures / Mike's Hard Lemonade
The Sr. Analyst will develop successful ways to evaluate each test, track execution, and analyze brand performance, then translate that analysis into appropriate action to drive growth, commercialize, and expand new products into more markets. They also need to gain a deep understanding of the core consumers.
Test Market Analysis & Selection
- Partner with the Brand Manager and Mark Anthony International Team to determine appropriate Test Market Analysis for each new-to-world test.
- Partner with Sales, Category Insights, and Consumer Insights to build forecasts and sell stories and tools to effectively market new-to-world innovations.
- Develop and execute an annual learning plan for each New to World brand in conjunction with Consumer Insights.
- Closely monitor brand health, and in partnership with the Brand Manager & Mark Anthony, International Team develops plans to drive critical brand equities.
New-to-world Brand Performance Analysis
- Provide real-time reporting of brand performance, identify opportunities and risks, and develop recommendations for course corrections/direction.
- Develop and lead the strategy of a test & build a model to measure brand readiness before a brand can make a move to a full-scale launch
- Analyzes Shipment, Inventory, and depletion data to analyze distributor and channel performance
- Reviews sales trends, inventory, and distribution performance to make recommendations to improve the business
- Build specialized tools to help the Venturers execute a net-to-world test to support Distribution, Inventory, Display programs, etc., pulling from multiple data sources (IRI, QlikView, etc.) to identify future selling opportunities
- Reviews and prepares reports, then use this report to develop compelling visual presentations that tell stories with data
- Keeps abreast of competitive trends and reports appropriate developments
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related area. (Math, Finance, Statistics, Business)
- Experience working in the CPG industry, preferably within the manufacturer or supplier side of the beer/wine/spirits category (including an understanding of the three-tier system) or equivalent Experience
- Have 5-7 years of relevant analytical Experience in finance, marketing, or business analyst role, ideally with a consumer-packaged-goods company or data provider (IRI, Nielson, Qlik View)
- Must have Strong Analytical, Organizational, and project management skills—and the ability to turn data into actionable insights through storytelling.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including VLOOKUPs, Pivot Tables, Slicers, and Match Functions, and strong proficiency with PowerPoint. Significant Experience dealing with reporting, data, and applications.
- Ability to multitask, work in a team and individual environment, pay attention to detail, and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Consumer-obsessed: has Experience uncovering a consumer insight and translating it into a strategy
- Ability to synthesize financial and performance data into key recommendations and action plans
- Team player who is willing to jump in and support the entire brand team when needed
- Demonstrated ability to operate entrepreneurially, to be scrappy and resourceful, and to challenge the status quo
- Holds themselves to the highest standards with everything they do
- Demonstrates amazing initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
At Mark Anthony, we live by 5 Core Values every day. They are our core belief and cornerstone of our culture. These values are non-negotiable and the DNA one needs to be successful at our company. For this reason, they also become the requirement of how we design jobs and what we look for in those we hire and promote.
Sense of Urgency
- Our business moves fast and so do we. We understand the power of now.
- We have relentless drive and believe if it can be done, we’re the ones who will do it first.
- We need to stay real because our brands, our stories and our culture must remain genuine to thrive.
- When we have the best intentions for all, we create space to be our whole selves and do great things together.
- Our lives are complicated enough. So why use 50 words when you can use 5?
- We thrive in ambiguity and change, but we also know how to translate our goals into simple explanations and actions.
- Egos distract us. When we’re humble, we’re open to listen, take feedback and change direction quickly.
- We’re here for each other, and together we do great things.
- We respect and rely on each other. Trust is the backbone of our relationships, and we work hard not to break it. This level of trust allows us to be all-in and take comfort in the support of our teams.