Background on ffVC:
ffVC is an early stage, high-touch venture capital firm that invests in high growth technology companies: fintech, insurtech, applied AI, automation (drones and robotics), and gaming. ffVC believes deeply in collaboration to help companies build technology that will change the experiences of millions of people globally. In the US, we invest at the Pre-Seed and Seed stage, and in Europe we invest at Seed, Series A, and Series B, meaning our international portfolio spans startups from Pre-Seed to Pre-IPO.
We have offices in New York, USA and Warsaw, Poland. This role is based in our Warsaw office (with in-person days in the office each week) and reports to our Global Head of Platform who is based in New York. This role will collaborate with the Warsaw partners and team, as well as colleagues in NYC.
We are hiring an enthusiastic, innovative, and dedicated Platform Manager to our team who will promote the ffVC brand, help us deepen our connections within the European tech ecosystem, and help support the more than 100 companies in our global portfolio.
This role will extend across multiple facets, including content creation, event program development and logistics, relationship management, portfolio communication, service provider sourcing, special projects & new initiatives, and PR.
- Organizing and executing events in Poland, Germany, and other European countries to gather founders, investors, and operators at larger tech companies.
- Networking with various tech communities in Europe to promote ffVC’s position within the ecosystem and contribute to deal flow.
- Creating social media and newsletter content to provide useful tools and resources for the broader ffVC audience, as well as our portfolio company founders.
- Building a network of journalists to keep a constant flow of stories pitched for ffVC and portfolio companies. PR will be an important part of how this role elevates ffVC’s presence in Europe.
- Multi-tasking many projects at once and being a high level planner, as well as a detail-oriented executer.
- Finding the best service providers for the portfolio, taking calls, and sourcing discounts for the best startup tools.
- Developing business relationships with companies who can sponsor ffVC events. This will require leading the partnership conversations and negotiating pricing.
- Flexibility in business etiquette, moving seamlessly between conversations with LPs, executives, and founders.
- Software that will be used: Airtable, Canva, Notion, Cabal, Totem, Google Suite, Splash That events, and WordPress (website). Experience with all these platforms is not required, but a willingness to learn them is.
- Fluency in speaking and writing English is a requirement.
The ideal candidate will have deep ties in the startup and venture capital network within Europe, particularly when it comes to Central and Eastern Europe.
Because the role requires a wide set of skills, we are looking for someone who may have a varied career with at least 5 years of work experience. This person may be a former founder, marketing manager, or program leader for a large conference or accelerator program.
Our global team is ~20 people across several departments, so being a self-motivated worker who can manage up, down, and across the company is necessary.