Point Olema Capital Partners
Point Olema Capital Partners is a growing San Francisco based investment office focused on providing differentiated investment solutions for a select group of families and institutions. Bringing forth significant experience managing capital on behalf of elite endowments, family offices, and investment management organizations, Point Olema is focused on generating strong long-term performance across a broad array of asset classes utilizing an open-architecture investment approach.
The Associate Director will work in close collaboration with senior and junior-level investment team members to help build, manage, and oversee institutional-quality portfolios at both the individual asset class level and for advisory clients with an outsourced CIO orientation. The investment team is organized around a generalist/home base structure, fostering broad latitude in research coverage across the asset class spectrum. S/he will participate in all aspects of the investment process and be expected to perform a wide range of evolving responsibilities including, but not limited to the following:
- Manager selection (e.g., researching, evaluating, and providing recommendations on fund and co-investment opportunities) across venture capital/growth equity, private equity/traditional buyout, public equity, real assets, and credit categories.
- Monitor existing manager relationships, portfolio composition, and liquidity projections; proactively develop value-added analysis to enhance portfolio management & oversight, and to support the achievement of target return objectives.
- Collaborate with other investment team members to construct asset allocation policy, implementation planning, execution, and ongoing oversight of advisory client relationships to ensure long-term risk and return objectives are accomplished.
- Work collaboratively and independently to conduct rigorous research, drawing upon top down and bottom-up analysis to produce detailed investment memos, client-specific portfolio analysis, and other investment related materials for internal and external consumption.
- Close collaboration with other investment team members to develop and maintain pacing models, performance analysis, risk management, and portfolio construction reporting for asset classes and clients.
- Proactively develop and integrate detailed portfolio analysis into client presentation materials, working in close concert with other investment and client team members.
- Embrace creativity and ‘outside the box’ thinking to support and drive value-added contributions across all aspects of the firm’s investment program.
The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience, preferably at a multi-family office or institutional investment platform (endowment, foundation, asset manager, etc.). Highly analytical thinking, strong quantitative command, creativity, intellectual curiosity, and resourcefulness are among the key attributes sought. Attention to detail, strong work ethic, independence, and a self-starter attitude are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required, experience with performance reporting software is desired.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment, be proactive, and be able to handle confidential material.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Proficient in handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across organizational teams and offices.
- Demonstrated ability to be a productive member of a community of people at work, respecting differences.
Position will be based in San Francisco office.
Base Salary Range: $175-$225K
Salary may vary depending on job-related factors including, but not limited to, skills and experience. Full-time employees are generally eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes: medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off and commuter benefits. Annual bonus may also apply depending upon the role.