Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary:
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to join our Corporate Development team. The Director, Corp Development will be joining a small, collaborative, and global group focused on the execution of M&A activities, new ventures, and partnerships across the company.
The Director, Corporate Development will:
- Support all aspects of the deal process, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, due diligence and closing & integration activities
- Lead and coordinate a cross-functional deal team within PayPal as well as serve as a point of contact to target company management
- Conduct and / or lead key qualitative (e.g., inorganic strategy development, competitive landscaping, industry analyses, etc.) and quantitative (e.g., all aspects of financial modeling) analyses in support of deals / deliverables
- Mentor and support junior deal team members who assist with sourcing/market research, financial modeling and diligence
- Ambitiously identify and qualify new ideas & companies for PayPal from internal & external sources
- End-to-end execution and management of complex, multi-faceted deals
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively across all levels and teams across the organization
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Adept with technology and a strategic thinker
- Excellent communication, judgment, maturity, and experience working with executives
- Team player, pro-active and action oriented, anticipates needs, is assertive, and is highly accountable
- ~10+ years in corporate finance roles including but not limited to Corporate Development, Private Equity, Venture Capital and/or Investment Banking
- Undergraduate or graduate degree
- Experience in a deal environment as well as one where people leadership was required
- Demonstrated career progression with increasing responsibility over time
If interested, please apply here.