OpenView is a leading venture capital firm with a focus on expansion stage software companies. While you may not know us, we bet you know our portfolio: Calendly, Expensify, and Datadog just to name a few. Our mission to improve people’s working lives permeates everything we do – from our investment strategy and how we work with our portfolio to firm operations and how we support our employees. At OpenView, you will be surrounded by intelligent, innovative, creative people who strive to make a difference.
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking to uplevel an already differentiated and exceptional Corporate Development practice by bringing on a new long-term leader. In this role, you will directly and measurably impact OpenView’s fund returns by working directly with portfolio companies and collaborating closely with OpenView’s Investment Committee to drive all aspects of:
- Portfolio liquidity: sell-side M&A, secondary trades, and IPO
- Portfolio capitalization: outside-led growth equity and venture debt rounds
- Portfolio value-add: business and corporate development advisory, development of playbooks and frameworks, and content creation for OpenView’s marketing channels
In order to execute on these initiatives, you have three primary responsibilities:
- Programmatically building and leveraging a network of potential acquirers, investors, and banks to create connections and deals for our portfolio
- Leading and supporting transaction execution
- Becoming a trusted advisor and thought partner to our companies through both close project engagement and content creation
We’re looking for a candidate who has a track record of executing M&A, capital raises, and partnerships within software, as well as a proven history of developing and leveraging strategic relationships to create meaningful transactions. The role requires a balance of strong relationship development skills, technical deal acumen, and leadership ability. Board experience is a plus.
This is a high-impact, high-profile role that interfaces with senior stakeholders across both OpenView and its portfolio, and gives you the opportunity to grow into a long-term leader at the firm.
The right candidate has 7-10 years of experience across at least two of the following roles:
- Corporate development / M&A at a leading tech company
- Investment banking at a top tier firm
- Business development / strategic partnerships at a leading B2B SaaS company
And possesses the following attributes:
- Highly proactive and very hard working
- Comfortable with autonomy and highly adaptable
- Low ego, high EQ and a great attitude with team-first mentality
- Truly eager to build something great
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills
- Proven deal making skills
- Proven ability to influence senior stakeholders and/or clients
- Strong academic record from top-tier institutions
If interested, please apply here.