SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
TheCorporate Development Associate will be active across all of SoFi’s product verticals sourcing, evaluating and executing on partnerships, acquisitions and investments to help SoFi achieve it’s ambitious goals. This role will require strong partnership with all key executives at SoFi to understand key performance indicators and priorities, and a strong analytical mindset to identify inorganic opportunities to help meet and exceed these.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with stakeholders across SoFi to evaluate and lead potential acquisitions and investments
- Drive all aspects of the deal, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale and pitch, financial modeling, due diligence, closing and integration activities
- Stay apprised of broader industry developments and key business metrics
- Identify and qualify new ideas and companies for SoFi from variety of sources
- Maintain close ties to SoFi executives and industry leaders
- Collaborate with Finance, Communication and Legal teams in crafting the company’s messaging for current and prospective investors including presentations at conferences, non-deal roadshows, and other events
- Support the quarterly reporting process and prepare content in partnership with finance and the executive team
- Develop and maintain robust understanding of business drivers and metrics; identify/track key themes and topics for investor discussion to inform our team and executives on emerging trends
- Respond to investor communications and requests for information
What you’ll need:
- 2 – 5 years experience in one or more of investment banking, corporate development, venture capital, private equity, or management consulting
- Strong analytical skills, experience performing financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses, and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Strong communication and presentation skills in financial environments, with experience preparing and presenting information to key decision makers and executives
- Strong organizational skills. History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines. Strong project management skills with the ability to manage time-sensitive projects, with experience in a deal environment a major plus
- Willingness to embrace and work productively in unstructured and ambiguous environments
- Strong knowledge of global FinTech and adjacent financial services competitive landscape
- Excellent proficiency in Excel. While not required, experience with financial research tools such as SNL and/or Factset is a plus
Why you’ll love working here
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi does not seek salary history information from job applicants.
If interested, please apply here.