TYH Ventures is hiring a Chief of Staff to the Managing Partner
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, or Remote
TYH Ventures is a fund based in Palm Beach County, Florida. Ideally, this person would be based near that area. However, we want to find the absolute best person for the role, so we are also open to candidates who will be based elsewhere and travel to Florida a few times each month.
Salary: $70-190K, plus performance-based bonuses. Salary commensurate with experience and with the potential to grow over time as this person takes on more and more responsibility.
About the role
This is a unique Chief of Staff role that will focus on two main areas: building out company infrastructure and managing investor relations.
This is a career-changing opportunity for the right person. You will be joining a fast-growing fund as one of its first hires, building out the company’s infrastructure, and helping to expand its investor base. This is a great fit for someone scrappy and detail-oriented who wants to grow with the company, touch all kinds of different industries, and meet all kinds of different people.
About TYH Ventures
At TYH Ventures, we are building out a community of Tier A VC fund managers, entrepreneurs and investors as we invest throughout various niches in the ecosystem.
Right now, our focus is investing in top-tier venture capital funds, and co-investing with those funds in some of their most exciting deals.
In doing so, we are not only accessing some of the best deals out there in a scalable way, but also providing exclusive access to these top-tier deals to an underserved community of family offices, HNWIs and private accredited investor groups and strategic partners.
Already, post-Covid we’ve invested nearly $100M.
But this is just the beginning. We are now building out the team so we can continue to innovate, grow our investor base, and turn the business into a multi-billion dollar investment firm.
Who you are:
- You have strong experience–this is not an entry-level role or a training program. When it comes to systems and operations, the Managing Partners will look to you to teach him, not the other way around.
- You are proactive–when you see an opportunity to do something new or do something better, you bring it up and take it on.You’re extremely comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint.
- You are excited to get deeper into the world of technology and investing.
- You are smart and quick (the team talks and thinks fast).
- You are trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality.
- You’re a scrappy problem solver that thrives in fast-moving environments.
- You are open and transparent.
- You want to be exposed to all kinds of people and all kinds of work.
- You love going from 0 to 1 and building systems and processes that can scale.
- You are comfortable talking with all kinds of people (team members, investors, founders, potential recruits, etc), have high EQ, and can be trusted to handle sensitive relationships.
- You are detail-oriented when it comes to people and building and maintaining relationships.
- You love brainstorming and bouncing ideas back and forth, but also work independently and love getting an assignment and then running with it and executing on your own.
Your work could include:
- Building out company infrastructure:
- Find options for external contractors/vendors, do research on each, and then present your recommendation to the executive team. Once we bring on a vendor, oversee their work and serve as their internal point of contact.Working closely with our counsel to review term sheets, agreements with LPs, compliance, etc.
- Maintain deal rooms in all aspects (updating information as necessary) and making sure investors have access to the most up-to-date data and information for each deal.
- Run weekly and monthly executive team meetings, set agendas with well-defined deadlines, share those deadlines with the rest of the team, and ensure those deadlines are being met.
- Organize and manage monthly meetings between the executive team and our investment analyst. Ensure that monthly reports are being kept organized and on track so that quarterly reports are sent out on time.
- Help build out a suitable platform so that the internal team has access to tracking of all communications with investors.Join calls with investors, founders, and external partners as needed.
- Draft job descriptions, find creative ways to recruit incredible candidates, and build and run our hiring process.
- Lead the charge in building out the company website and online presence with input from the executive team.
- Other responsibilities may exist and be subject to this role as the company grows and evolves.
- Managing investor relations:
- Build out presentation materials for existing and prospective investors
- Work with our investment analyst when needed to incorporate investment analysis into communication with investors
- Engage with our pool of investors, fund managers and entrepreneurs before, during and after we make an investment
- Answer any investor questions before and after the investment
- Help build the infrastructure to grow our investor base
Some experiences that could make you a good fit:
- Experience working in VC/PE, banking, consulting, or a family office
- Experience with startups or entrepreneurship
- Experience in building operations systems from the ground up
- Experience working in investor relations, and may have even built investor relations infrastructure from scratch
- Experience in small, scrappy, fast-paced environments
- Experience hiring, recruiting, and building out interviewing processes
- Experience drafting strategic communications to investor groups and company employees
- Experience working with CRMs to make internal and external communications seamless
- Experience fundraising for an investment firm or family office
How to apply:
We look forward to getting to know you!