Archive for November 2012
This afternoon I met with a principal from a late-stage VC here in the city. This was a follow-up to a meeting I had last week (which was made through a connection on LinkedIn via a woman I used to work with prior to business school). I thought it went very well and I think I had a good rapport with the person I met with. He told me to keep in touch and that there may potentially be either an internship or a full-time opportunity in the coming year. So we will see.
Here are some of the questions I was asked, in case you are curious what sorts of questions might be asked of you in a VC interview…
– Why do you want to get into VC?
– What opportunities for investment do you see in the space you worked in prior to business school?
– How did you do academically in your undergrad program?
– Discuss your involvement in vendor selection at your previous jobs.
– Talk about leadership experience you’ve had.
– Tell me about what you perceive to be the functions of the job.
If you liked this post, and are interested in careers in venture capital, think about subscribing to my mailing list. I promise not to spam you and will only send information related to venture capital jobs and careers. Please input your email address in the field (and click ‘Submit’) below if you would like to subscribe.