Playfair Capital is one of Europe’s leading early-stage VC funds. We’ve been investing since 2013 and have backed over 60 startups to date. We’re sector and geography agnostic, with a singular focus of finding and backing ambitious entrepreneurs who are building innovative tech that is creating new markets or disrupting existing ones.
This is a unique opportunity to gain first-hand insight into the UK and European venture capital and startup ecosystem. We are offering you the chance to play a crucial part in a small team, supporting Associates and Partners in all investment tasks, providing a holistic overview of the VC business. This will range from deal sourcing and due diligence to working with our portfolio companies. The role will provide a great opportunity to learn as part of a small team, work on exciting projects with brilliant founders, build your network and accelerate your career.
Your main responsibilities will be to work collaboratively with the investment team to:
- Attend (virtual) demo days, pitching competitions, industry events to network and build relationships with experts in the ecosystem in order to find the best deals
- Filter and evaluate deal opportunities through a detailed due diligence process
- Support the founders of our portfolio companies in building their businesses
You’ll also have the opportunity to lead projects such as deep diving into sectors or technologies that you find particularly interesting and producing reports for our investment team. These will include mapping out the sector to identify core trends, assess market dynamics and identify a shortlist of startups to approach as potential investments.
Please note that the application deadline is midnight on Sunday July 5th, 2020.
- You are passionate about startups and disruptive technologies
- You are proactive, driven and able to work on your own initiative
- You have outstanding oral and written communication skills
- You thrive in a small team and busy work environment and can manage multiple workstreams effectively
- You have excellent analytical skills
- You are available full time for six months starting from September 2020