Historically women have been underrepresented in the venture capital industry, particularly in the senior ranks.
Below are links and resources on this topic. Please leave a comment if you think we’ve missed any important resources, and we’ll try to add them in soon.
Reading and interviews with women in venture capital
- A site focused on interviews with women who are in the early stages of their career in VC
- 10 female founded venture firms
- The new directory for women in VC
- Abyah Wynn of Twenty65 on her path to VC and more
- Patricia Nakache of Trinity Ventures on being a mother in venture capital
- Laura Chau of Cannan Ventures on how to succeed in VC as a woman
- Elizabeth Galbut of SoGal Ventures on becoming a VC at 26 (sign up to attend her webinar here)
- Truewealth Ventures wrote about the need for more women in VC here and here.
- Some insights into where women like to invest
- Progress report on “breaking up the boys club”
- A look at female founders & venture capital
- Lily Lyman @ Underscore VC shares her 7 insights moving from an operating role to investing.
Podcasts with women in venture capital
- Rebecca Kaden of Union Square Ventures (formerly of Maveron) appears on The 20 Minute VC
- Anna Barber of TechStars appears on Positively Gotham Girl
- Anu Duggal & Sutian Dong of Female Founders Fund appears on Seed to Scale
- Leah Busque of Fuel Capital appears on The 20 Minute VC
- Jillian Manus of Structure Capital appears on The Pitch
- Jess Lee appears on A Seat at the Table: Women in VC & Tech
- Megan Quinn of Spark Capital appears on The Role Models Podcast
- Ann Winblad (Hummer Winblad), Aileen Lee (Cowboy Ventures), Theresia Gouw (Aspect Ventures), Lisa Lambert (formerly Intel Capital) appear on a16z Podcast
- Stephanie Palmeri of Uncork Capital appears on 33 Voices
- Annie Lamont of Oak HC/FT appears on No Limits