Do you want to build a career that is full of meaning and impact? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most. Visit http://www.ifc.org
IFC offers a full range of financial products across the entire capital value chain, with a long-term investment horizon and deep knowledge of Emerging Markets. With one of the largest footprints in Emerging Markets, we offer local knowledge, linkages to other clients and portfolios, as well as an understanding of regulations and local domains.
IFC’s Venture Capital (CDFDT) team invests in venture/early growth companies that offer innovative technologies or business models with high impact potential in Emerging Markets. By executing transactions at earlier stages than IFC’s more traditional business lines, CDFDT enhances the organization’s strong commitment to innovation, support to local businesses, and helps accelerate cross border technology transfers. CDFDT works closely with other industry investment groups within IFC, including Infrastructure, Retail, Health and Education, as well as with appropriate counterparts within the World Bank Group.
CDFDT is looking to recruit an Investment Analyst in IFC’s Washington DC office to support the team’s transaction origination, execution and portfolio activities.
- Participate in investment negotiations and due diligence for prospective investments.
- Analyze financial statements and prepare financial models.
- Conduct industry, market and company research.
- Prepare project-related documents for internal and external audiences.
- Participate in all aspects of IFC’s project processing cycle from project development to disbursement.
- Help supervise investments in portfolio companies and manage internal IFC procedures including preparation of portfolio reports and related information.
- Support CDFDT’s Investment Officers on a global basis.
- Coordinate closely with IFC’s business risk functions to ensure maintenance of the highest environmental and social, and integrity standards.
- Work in close coordination with industry and regional IFC colleagues.
- Periodic travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree; candidates with strong technical or engineering background, coupled with financial knowledge, preferred.
- 2-5 year experience in investment banking, consulting or PE/VC, or Business Development with a technology company, preferred.
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills.
- Strong interest in developing markets, venture investing and emerging technology areas.
- Strong familiarity with financial software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office suite, research and financial databases, etc.)
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work successfully with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and
- Fluency in spoken and written English; a multi-lingual background will be viewed upon favorably.
The position would be based in Washington DC. The selected candidate will report to the Global Head of IFC Venture Capital (CDFDT).
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
If interested, please apply here.