Route 66 is looking for a Senior Associate to join our Venture Capital team. In this position you will have considerable freedom and responsibility as you work directly with senior partners gaining exposure to all aspects of venture capital, investment thesis development and venture fund management. You’ll also hone your leadership capabilities as you lead, oversee and nurture multiple portfolio company relationships, projects and due diligence efforts.
About you …
Are you a self-starter who has a track record demonstrating:
- grit and superior work ethic,
- an uncompromising attention to detail,
- an innate curiosity and a desire to learn,
- exceptional organizational skills,
- an ability to manage several priorities without shutting down, and
- a real passion for venture capital, startups and technology?
If so, you’ll fit right in at Route 66. We believe in personal development and welcome the possibility of this becoming a partner-track position for exceptional performers.
What you’ll do …
- Conduct independent, unsupervised research to understand market and technology trends and develop an astute point of view on new investment opportunities, craft market landscapes, source exciting companies, articulate thoughtful analyses and make investment thesis recommendations to our Investment Committee.
- Build relationships with leading startups and generate high-quality deal flow by meeting with entrepreneurs and representing Route 66 at industry events.
- Lead deal diligence with minimal oversight; support Partners in the structuring, execution and closing of new investments; work with portfolio companies on select projects.
- Manage, direct and develop junior employees as you translate Partner needs (both concrete and abstract) into actionable projects and oversee their execution and staffing.
What you’ll need …
- 4+ years of work experience that spans multiple fields, including: (a) early-stage technology start-up experience (as founder or early employee), (b) an operational role at a large technology firm (“big tech”), or (c) venture capital, private equity, investment banking or management consulting.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier institution with excellent performance, preferably in computer science, engineering or other quantitative field. Master’s degrees or other specialized coursework with similar relevance is welcome extra credit.
- High IQ and EQ are critical. You have the intellectual horsepower needed to synthesize large amounts of information and distill complex concepts into concise, decision-ready briefings. Your high EQ provides you the proven ability to build strong connections with founders, influencers and peers. You have a low ego and are naturally collaborative with well-honed interpersonal skills, poise and presence.
The perks …
We invest in our people, their careers, their health and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. We provide competitive base compensation with an attractive bonus structure, fully-paid health care benefits, mental wellness programs, 401(k) savings program with an employer match and a dog-friendly office that is suit and tie free.
Start date: now through Q1 2019.
About us …
Route 66 Ventures has established itself as one of the leading global FinTech venture investment funds. We value our relaxed, high-achieving, small-team atmosphere and are constantly on the lookout for investment opportunities that solve big problems, improve lives and create new value. We are looking for authentic, high-integrity people who are excited to build something together.
If interested, please apply here.